Accounts Receivable Manager
London, United Kingdom
Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching? Prime Video is one of the leading digital video services on the Internet today, and we're just getting started changing the way millions of people around the world enjoy content. Now available in more than 240 countries and territories, Prime Video offers customers the broadest selection of any on-demand video service, including our critically-acclaimed Amazon Originals Series such as the multi-award-winning The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan, The Boys; UK-produced hit Amazon Original series like Good Omens, The Grand Tour, All or Nothing: Manchester City and forthcoming drama series The Power; exclusive TV shows like Star Trek: Picard, American Gods and Vikings; and movies like Late Night and Get Duked, plus live sport including ATP and WTA Tour and US Open Tennis and Premier League football.
Amazon Studios is the movies and television development and production arm of Amazon. It is our role to produce original content and license studio programs worldwide in exclusive service of Amazon's Prime Video customers. We need your passion, innovative ideas, and creativity to help take us to new heights.
We are seeking a Senior EU Release Strategy & Planning Manager to be a part of the Amazon Studios team The Release Strategy and Planning vertical collaborates very closely with the Global Programming Strategy vertical, both of which are part of the Global Programming and Audience Development organization. Together, the team owns the strategic perspective on overall programming and scheduling across originals and licensing. Programming Strategy focuses on what our content portfolio is missing over the short, medium, and long term, as well as audience priorities, while Release Strategy and Planning focuses on how and when we launch each title to optimize and further Customer goals. The output is directing our development pipelines as we look to close gaps over a three-year horizon, and mechanizing licensing or other output in the case we have near-term shortfalls.
This role will be a critical leader within the growing Global Release Strategy & Planning organization and will drive international expansion of release planning into the EU, primarily the UK, DE, FR, IT, and ES. This position will be the cornerstone between creative development, content acquisition, content strategy, production, post, marketing and publicity to drive the most customer obsessed schedule and be the main driver of the EU release calendar. Specifically, this role involves diving deep on the audience goals of each title, and maximizing their success through release strategies in combination with the entire portfolio. Developing the milestones and launch schedule for shows, working with stakeholders to ensure timely and successful delivery of our productions, creating innovative release strategies and mechanisms, leading cross functional teams, and diving deep on our decisions through post mortems are key for the success of this role. Senior Release Strategy Managers contribute cross functional business and technical skills, assess and manage risks, measure and report on progress, anticipate and resolve bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs with the technical constraints. They rely heavily on influence over authority to drive project deliverables.
This position will be based in London and will require frequent collaboration with Los Angeles and Seattle stakeholders.
KEY ACTIVITIES INCLUDE:
• Establish TV series and Movie release dates, plans and related metrics, track progress, and manage through obstacles to achieve program objectives and audience goals for Europe-based Amazon Originals. Key markets currently include UK, France, Germany, Italy, and Spain
• Translate service- and audience-level priorities into actionable release strategies for our growing slate of titles
• Author business documents and reports to communicate state of the business or recommend new content business initiatives
• Conduct analysis of tradeoffs, financial impact and service level metrics to make optimal release schedule decisions
• Create reporting and dashboards for key metrics to illustrate progress against goals to support team activities and report to management on weekly/monthly basis
• Work cross functionally with the US/global release strategy stakeholders, senior leaders, creative development, content licensing team, research, production, post, finance, marketing and legal departments to document and define initiatives and drive them through execution
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in business, finance, marketing, film/television, STEM, or related fields
• Extensive experience leading large-scale programs/projects with high impact in business, technology, finance, marketing, entertainment, or related fields
• A passion for content, technology, brands, digital media, and digital video
• Master's Degree in Business Administration degree or equivalent experience is preferred
• A working knowledge of the European TV/film industry and emerging global trends
• Fluency in or familiarity with German, French, Spanish, and/or Italian
• Confident leader who can prioritize well and communicate clearly, both verbal and written, across all levels of the organization with a proven ability to influence others
• Demonstrated bias for action with strengths in problem solving, issue-resolution, ability to work in a deadline driven work environment, attention to detail, and ability to multitask
• Nice to have, but not essential: Expertise in data mining, data management, reporting, and SQL queries
• Excellent analytical and quantitative skills (working knowledge of statistics, A/B testing, and data science); ability to work with business owners to define key business questions and to build data-driven analyses that answer those questions
• Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss business and technical concepts, schedule tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
All offers are conditional on references, verification of the right to work in the UK, and a successful background screening check. This check will include previous employment verification, qualification verification (if relevant) and a basic criminal check. Further details of this policy and procedure will be sent to you along with your conditional offer.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use, and transfer the personal data of our candidates.