Network Development Engineer
Culver City, CA
We are seeking a Programming Strategy Senior Manager to be a part of the Amazon Studios team. The Global Programming Strategy team owns the strategic perspective on overall programming and scheduling across originals and licensing. The group builds the portfolio and schedules originals and licensed programs to drive service-level customer acquisition, engagement, and retention. The team focuses on what our content portfolio is missing over the short, medium, and long term as well as audience priorities. The output is directing our development pipelines as we look to close gaps over a three-year horizon, and mechanizing licensing or other outputs in the case we have near-term shortfalls.
This Senior Manager will be a critical leader within the Global Programming Strategy team and will drive international expansion, primarily in Latin America, Canada, and Australia. This position will be the conduit between Global and local programming decisions and will establish mechanisms and best practices for this function in conjunction with local leadership. The role will rely heavily on influence over authority to drive project deliverables. Effective cross-functional collaboration within the Programming Strategy verticals and across Marketing, Finance, and Content teams (Originals and licensing) is crucial to the success of this role.
KEY ACTIVITIES INCLUDE:
• Innovating and building new ways to understand and model optimizing our content portfolio for our customers across established and nascent SVOD/Prime Video markets
• Shepherding portfolio and title programming strategy across the full content lifecycle, working closely with our Originals and Licensing teams on highlighting our audience and content needs across a 5-year horizon
• Scaling tools and mechanisms (audience targeting models, portfolio optimization) developed from the central team into other territories while adapting for local needs
• Managing Release Strategy expansion and execution
• Working closely with marketing on setting audience acquisition and retention goals on a portfolio- and title- level
Representing the voice of its markets' programming on ''global'' content and release date decisions coming out of our US-based production factory.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• Multiple years experience in business, finance, marketing or related fields
• Extensive experience leading large-scale programs/projects with high impact
• Fluent in Spanish or Portuguese
• Excellent quantitative skills and strong experience with modeling and data analyses
• A passion for content, brands, digital media and digital video; prior experience in the media/entertainment industry a plus
• Exceptional ability to collaborate, earn trust of stakeholders, and work cross-functionally
• Confident leader who can prioritize well and communicate clearly, both verbal and written, across all levels of the organization with a proven ability to influence others
• The ability to understand and discuss creative, business, and technical concepts, manage trade-off decisions, and evaluate new ideas
• Experience with Spanish-language content or in the Latin American market
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority/Women/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation/Age
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Amazon Studios is the movies and television development and production arm of Amazon. It is our role to produce original content and license studio programs worldwide in exclusive service of Amazon's Prime Video customers. We need your passion, innovative ideas, and creativity to help take us to new heights.