Senior Content Acquisition Manager
Amazon Studios is the original film and television development and production arm of Amazon.com. Our projects include award winning television series TRANSPARENT and THE MARVELOUS MRS. MAISEL and films include THE BOYS, JACK RYAN and THE BIG SICK.
This position will support the EU Production Finance team along with the other studios operation teams of our fast growing film and television studio production business. This is an exciting opportunity to join the team at an early, high growth stage and have ownership of production finance and payable functions.
Your responsibilities may include:
• Building a sustainable and scalable operating model for Amazon Studios in Germany from a Production Finance perspective.
• Work with third party production companies finance teams and onboard them into the Amazon Studios Cost Report tracking process throughout the life-cycle of a production for local originals.
• Building relationships with industry bodies and organisations such as Film Commissions, production software companies, local producers, legal and tax counsel for Amazon Studios Production Finance to raise the bar within the Film & TV industry .
• Assist with consolidation of all cost reporting data and commentary for local originals in territory for internal monthly executive reporting.
• Oversee and manage production cashflow and payments including talent, access and Format Fees, Overalls and all other project related costs.
• Leverage metrics to identify areas of improvement, including process and technology based changes aligning with Amazon Studios EU production finance practices.
This position is located in Munich (Germany).
• Accounting, finance, or quantitative undergraduate degree.
• Multiple years' experience in production, finance or accounting within the film and television production industry.
• Knowledge of production accounting software: Vista, PSL or other production accounting software.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written (English AND German)
• Extensive knowledge or production incentives and regional funding regimes.
• Ability to effectively research, conclude on and communicate technical finance topics.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously and drive projects to completion.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb7q6y-3-238-173-209-42 in your application.