Scripted Post Production Coordinator
Amazon Studios is the original film and television development and production arm of Amazon.com. Our projects include award winning television series TRANSPARENT and THE MARVELOUS MRS. MAISEL and films include THE BOYS, JACK RYAN and THE BIG SICK.
This position will support the EU Production Finance team along with the other studios operation teams of our fast growing film and television studio production business. This is an exciting opportunity to join the team at an early, high growth stage and have ownership of production finance and payable functions.
• Define overall metrics and reporting approach for Italy AP Payments, including Executive & Management Reporting, Operational Reporting and Dashboard
• Building a sustainable and escalable operating model for Amazon Studios in Italy from a Production Finance perspective.
• Building relationships with industry bodies and organisations such as Film Commissions, production software companies, local producers, legal counsel and tax advisers to take Amazon Studios practises to the highest possible level.
• Assist with accounts payable process for production costs of film & television projects of Amazon Studios in Italy.
• Perform reconciliations of production/development funding and trial balances.
• Work with Studios stakeholders (Creative, Business Affairs, Legal, Corporate AP and Financial Operations Team) to effectively execute development payments and troubleshoot issues.
• Leverage metrics to identify areas of improvement, including process and technology based changes.
This position is located in Milan (Italy), but some international travel might be required.
• Accounting, finance, or quantitative undergraduate degree.
• Multiple years experience in production, finance or accounting within the film and television production industry.
• Knowledge of production accounting software: MediaWeb, Vista, PSL or Ease.
• Understanding of entertainment payroll.
• Extensive knowledge or local tax incentive and regional funding regimes.
• Ability to effectively research, conclude on and communicate technical accounting topics.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously and drive projects to completion.
• Advanced knowledge of MS Excel (VBA) and database management
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written (English AND Italian)
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy/eu) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.