London, United Kingdom
Are you interested in shaping the future of movies and television? Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching? Prime Video is one of the leading digital video services on the Internet today, and we're just getting started changing the way millions of people around the world enjoy content. Now available in more than 240 countries and territories, Prime Video offers customers the broadest selection of any on-demand video service, including our critically-acclaimed Amazon Originals Series such as the multi-award-winning The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan, The Boys; UK-produced hit Amazon Original series like Good Omens, The Grand Tour, All or Nothing: Manchester City and forthcoming drama series The Power; exclusive TV shows like Star Trek: Picard, American Gods and Vikings; and movies like Late Night and Get Duked, plus live sport including ATP and WTA Tour and US Open Tennis and Premier League football.
We are seeking an exceptional creative to join our team as the Senior Creative Producer for Europe. This position will report in to the Head of European Originals, forming part of our leadership team in London. Working hand in hand with the Head of EU Originals, the Senior Creative Producer will help create and implement our long-term creative vision and strategy. The successful candidate will champion our creative vision internally and externally, be capable of ramping quickly, establishing themselves across multiple territories. You will be detail orientated and have an ability to dive deep on creative issues (scripts, treatments, casting, shoots, edits ) as well as working holistically to the broader Amazon mission to make sure all creative aspects of the company are working in harmony. We are looking for a leader who is results driven, passionate about the entertainment industry and has a collaborative approach.
• Full oversight over the day-to-day creative operation across Europe, working closely with our senior creative executives, production and marketing teams to ensure all projects moving in to development and greenlight continue to raise the bar for our customers, are produced and delivered on time and adhere to local regulation / obligations.
• Work with the senior EU studios team to develop and execute against the content strategy, vision and goals.
• Champion the creative vision of EU studios internally and externally. Speaking on behalf of the studio at key industry events when required.
• Establish creative mechanisms and processes in order to offer the best experience for our talent and customers, which work in harmony with the business.
• Work cross functionally with our EU original stakeholders including, but not limited to, creative development, content acquisitions, production, marketing, PR, BA and Legal to give creative insight and direction on all aspects of original programming including editorial direction and execution.
• Oversee creative slates in expansion territories as local teams expand, developing and implementing the local strategy.
• Act as a primary creative point of contact and support for the local European executives, escalating issues when appropriate.
• In tandem with the senior programme manager and finance, co-own the EU monthly slate reviews.
• Work closely with the DEI programme manager to develop and implement local strategies.
• Work with the Head of EU Originals to ensure we are delivering against our goals.
• Deputise for the Head of EU Originals when needed.
• Experience working with other departments such as casting, production, research, PR, business and legal affairs
• Experience working as a producer, creative executive, or a similar role
• Strong track record of managing a creative team across multiple genres and territories.
• Extensive experience at establishing and delivering against departmental strategy and goals, within a creative organisation.
• Experience as an executive producer or commissioner of premium programming
• Exceptional influencing and negotiation skills
• Proven ability to operate in a highly competitive environment with strong communication and writing skills
• Extensive experience working across television at a Pan EU level
• Extensive experience managing high volumes of development and production Pan EU
• Experience in developing scripted and or unscripted television
• A track record of increasing and sustaining viewership within the linear / SVOD landscape
• A working understanding of the European regulatory landscape
• Familiarity with SVOD or OTT video services
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify, and build.
All offers are conditional on references, verification of the right to work in the UK, and a successful background screening check. This check will include previous employment verification, qualification verification (if relevant) and a basic criminal check. Further details of this policy and procedure will be sent to you along with your conditional offer.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use, and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz51m2-3-236-222-124-42 in your application.
Amazon Studios is the movies and television development and production arm of Amazon. It is our role to produce original content and license studio programs worldwide in exclusive service of Amazon's Prime Video customers. We need your passion, innovative ideas, and creativity to help take us to new heights.