Original Movies Executive
Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
Amazon Studios has an opening for a SCRIPTED television and movies to look after the creative demands of fiction series and films. The ideal candidate should have previous experience as a seller (writer/producer/studio) or /commissioner (network/studio) in both development and production along with a deep knowledge of the creative and business challenges in honing TV and film programming from idea to launch. Must have proven creative instincts selecting, developing, producing and/or greenlighting SCRIPTED projects as well as strong interpersonal skills and relationships.
Day to day tasks include:
• Oversee TV shows and/or FILMS: 1) in development, including evaluation of source material, concept and character development as well as business matters such as deals with key parties; 2) current production matters including packaging of CAST, showrunners, directors, field producers and editor; 3) be available to travel to domestic and international locations for pre-production, production and post-production; 4) seeing projects through from idea to delivery, with a creative focus as well on working with creative heads on editing of episodes and management of final creative deliverables.
• Manage relationships with talent and key partners and depth of knowledge in the Brazilian film and TV industry and beyond.
• Exercise excellent creative and business judgement, especially in spotting the potential in ideas.
• Builds relationships with creators, directors, producers, production companies, artist representatives and creative community.
• Understand the nuts and bolts of scripted production/production management and participate in all aspects of pre-production, shooting, and post from budget and casting to production issues in the field to editing and final delivery.
• Manage and supervise post-production/editing of content to ensure quality of finished product meets Amazon's quality and creative standards.
• Liaise with other departments including Marketing, Publicity, Research, Digital, Social and Business and Legal Affairs.
• Experience in SCRIPTED FILM & TV content development and commissioning as a writer/producer or Creative in a proven scripted production company, network or studio.
• Development, Production and/or Current Programming experience in the various genres of scripted TV and FILM.
• • Network of relationships in terms of writers, agents, producers, directors, rights owners etc.
• • Proven development, writing and editing skills
• • Knowledge and understanding of storytelling trends
• • Impeccable people skills, both in terms of maintaining internal relationships and fostering external ones
• • Excellent oral and written communication skills
• • Independent, entrepreneurial, passionate self-starter with a focus on delivery of excellence
• • Highly organized, details matter, enjoy working in cross-functional & international teams under aggressive deadlines.
• • Ability to operate in a high-energy, high-intensity and rapidly evolving environment.
• • Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• • Fluent in Portuguese and English written/oral proficiency.
• • Good verbal and written English/Portuguese communication skills shaped by an international outlook and broad interest in popular culture across all media types.
• • Passion and curiosity for and understanding all aspects of factual and scripted programming
• • Production and/or project management experience in the media industry
• • Experience with licensing, rights acquisitions and/or contract negotiations.
• • Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field.
• • Professional fluency in Spanish