Culver City, CA
Amazon Studios is the original, television development, and production arm of Amazon.com. Our projects include THE MARVELOUS MRS MAISEL, JACK RYAN, GOLIATH, THE BOYS, THE BIG SICK and BRITTANY RUNS A MARATHON. The Amazon Studios team focuses on ensuring we invest in the most promising original content for our customers.
We are seeking to fill a Financial Analyst role within the Residuals department. This is an exciting opportunity to join the team in its early stages and be a crucial participant in the growth, building, and implementation of new systems and processes.
This position will support the Residuals lead and work closely with the Production, Business Affairs, Legal, and Accounting departments on various projects. The primary responsibilities include forecasting residuals obligations, collect/review residuals deliverables, set-ups, and payment processing in accordance with union collective bargaining agreements.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter who thrives in an ambiguous environment. Excellent oral and written communication skills are vital, as well as the ability to dive deep into the details, problem-solve, and prioritize. The candidate must also think strategically and logically when presenting both short-term and long-term solutions.
• Complete the residual process from set-up to payment
• Own and audit the residual deliverables for SVOD and Theatrical productions
• Analyze distribution deals to quantify the residuals impacts
• Assist with the quarterly reporting
• Work with the third party payroll houses to manage the residual payment process
• Research and resolve guild claims
• BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, Business or similar degree
• 3+ years of experience in entertainment industry
• Intermediate knowledge of SAG-AFTRA, DGA, WGA, AFM, IATSE agreements
• Ability to interpret talent contracts and the union collective bargaining agreements
• Residuals reporting and processing experience
• Basic knowledge of PACT/Equity, ACTRA, UBCP, DGC, WGC agreements
• Advanced MS Excel skills
• Highly proactive and analytical with strong attention to detail
• Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
• Ability to plan and manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Ability to work well independently and with various teams
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.