Are you interested in shaping the future of entertainment in Latin America, Canada and Australia? Prime Video is one of the leading streaming services today, and we're just getting started. Now available in more than 240 countries and territories, Prime Video delights customers with the broadest selection of any on-demand video service. Ranging from our award-winning and critically-acclaimed Amazon Originals such as The Boys and Argentina 1985, to our broadly-loved original hits like the LOL franchise and The Summer I Turned Pretty, plus live sports like Copa do Brasil and Formula 1, and everything our 15+ partners offer in their channels, Prime Video is the future of entertainment and you can be a part of that future.
Amazon Studios is the movies and television development and production arm of Amazon. It is our role to produce original content and license studio programs worldwide in exclusive service of Amazon's Prime Video customers. We need your passion, innovative ideas, and creativity to help take Prime Video to new heights.
The Amazon Prime Video and Studios Consumer Insights team is looking for an experienced leader in market research to lead primary research projects across Latin America, Canada and Australia. The successful candidate will have proven proficiency in market research principles and direct project management experience. They will have strong analytical abilities and proficient written and verbal communication skills. This is a newly created role in Miami requiring someone who will prioritize effectively, manage multiple stakeholder relationships and take end to end ownership of all research studies. While this role will start as an Individual Contributor, the vision is for this to become a team manager role as we grow Prime Video.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity and autonomy, able to think big (while paying careful attention to detail), and will enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic environment. They will work closely with Country Leaders, Data Science, Development, Content & Acquisition, Marketing and Finance teams, always making sure to represent the voice of our customers. They will also collaborate closely with Consumer Insights team members based in Australia, Canada, Mexico, Brazil and around Latin America, promoting our established testing mechanisms and continuously innovating to understand customer behavior and trends in Expansion locales. Candidate is expected to be clear and concise. Experience on the research vendor side or within the research group of a media company with various statistical techniques (regression analysis, coefficient correlation) and understanding of the television landscape is highly preferred.
Key job responsibilities
• Align with senior leadership in Miami on research initiatives that will have the largest business impact
• Work with cross functional teams (marketing, development, finance) to get input and buy-in to the research conducted
• Think Big and identify future opportunities to understand our customers in Canada, Latin America, and Australia better
• Lead strategic research using primary, secondary and syndicated data sources to support mid- and long-term business strategy
• Work with vendors to insure successful execution of research projects (domestic and global)
• Translate complex data sets into a clear and compelling written narrative and recommendation to International Prime Video leadership
• Exhibit strong presentation skills showing confidence and expertise in delivering research insights to senior leadership
• Accurately represent, and advocate for, the Prime Video Latin American, Canada and Australian customer in all analysis and meetings
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Miami, FL, USA
- 10+ years of market research experience is a must
- Experience using data and metrics to drive improvements
- Experience with Excel or Tableau (data manipulation, macros, charts and pivot tables)
- Experience driving direction and alignment with cross-functional teams
- Have experience setting research objectives, writing surveys, creating sound sampling and weighting schemes, analyzing results and presenting recommendations to senior leadership.
- Proven written and verbal communication skills to convey key insights from analysis
- Experience with applied statistics, predictive analytics, and mixed methodology research
- Have the ability to translate complex data sets into clear and compelling written narratives
- Demonstrated ability to lead and collaborate effectively across teams
- Experience communicating results to senior leadership
- Knowledge of Latin American entertainment markets.
- Proficiency in MS Excel and Word
- Fluent in English and Spanish
- Experience working cross-functionally across marketing, product management, analytics, UX, and research
- Experience on the research vendor side or within the research group of a media company
- Experience managing a team
- Understanding of the television programming landscape is a plus
- Experience leading different types of viewer studies such as episode testing, dial testing, concept testing, series maintenance
- Direct experience leading studies across with various methodologies: online quant surveys, focus groups, 1:1, ethnos, online qual, mobile
- Experience with various statistical techniques (regression analysis, coefficient correlation)
- Experience working with panels, Tableau, SPSS
- Experience working with Canada and Latin America (not US Latino/Hispanic) and an understanding of the cultural nuances
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3w649-44-192-254-173-42 in your application.