Product Manager Technical
Culver City, CA
Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching? Prime Video is one of the leading digital video services on the Internet today, and we're just getting started changing the way millions of people around the world enjoy content. Now available in more than 240 countries and territories, Prime Video offers customers the broadest selection of any on-demand video service, including our critically-acclaimed Amazon Originals Series such as the multi-award-winning The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan, The Boys; international-produced hits like LOL: Last One Laughing and The Grand Tour; and popular and award-winning movies like Borat 2 and The Big Sick.
Amazon Studios is the movies and television development and production arm of Amazon. It is our role to produce original content and license studio programs worldwide in exclusive service of Amazon's Prime Video customers. We need your passion, innovative ideas, and creativity to help take us to new heights.
We are seeking a Technical Product Senior Manager to be a part of the Amazon Studios team. The Global Programming Strategy team owns the strategic perspective on overall programming and scheduling across originals and licensing. The group builds the portfolio and schedules originals and licensed programs to drive service-level customer acquisition, engagement, and retention. The team focuses on what our content portfolio is missing over the short, medium, and long term as well as audience priorities. The output is directing our development pipelines as we look to close gaps over a three-year horizon, and mechanizing licensing or other outputs in the case we have near-term shortfalls.
This role will be the technical leader of the Global Programming Strategy organization. They will own the product vision for our Release Calendar and portfolio planning, defining updates and moving towards greater automation. They will work closely with our Engineering, Business Intelligence, and Data Science teams on bridging applications and building new tools and processes for the Global Programming team.
This position will manage 1 Technical Product Manager and help direct the project plans and roadmap for the team's Data Scientist.
• 2+ years of experience with end to end product delivery
• 5+ years of technical product management, program management or engineering experience
• Bachelor's Degree
• Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
• Experience owning roadmap strategy and definition
• Experience owning feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
• Data-centric and analytical. You have experience using data and metrics to back up assumptions and assertions of business value. You also leverage your strong analytical skills and ability to dive deep to develop a nuanced understanding of your product and customers, and to create effective strategies. You also have a demonstrated ability to make high quality high impact decisions in the absence of data and figure out how to gather data (through experiments, tests, etc.) to support your decisions.
• Technical fluency. You have the ability to understand, discuss, and challenge architectural concepts, tradeoffs, and new opportunities with technical team members.
• Excellent communication skills. You are as comfortable speaking in front of the company at an all-hands meeting as you are writing a detailed six-page narrative on your products that you can defend with the highest levels of senior leadership.
• Strong collaboration skills. You have a proven ability to work across functions and across marketplaces to influence senior leaders. You quickly earn the trust of people you work with.
• Strong ownership and bias for action. One of your favorite things to do as a product manager is to launch, learn and iterate. You know what matters most to customers and can simplify product requirements to deliver benefits to customers quickly. You identify opportunities and step up in various areas to turn those opportunities into realities.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us. Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.