Full Time Job
Production Manager, Local Original Movies
- Full Time
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
Are you interested in shaping the future of movies and television?
Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching? Prime Video is one of the leading digital video services on the Internet today, and we're just getting started changing the way millions of people enjoy content. Now available in more than 240 countries and territories, Prime Video offers customers the broadest selection of any on-demand video service, including our critically-acclaimed Amazon Originals such as the Emmy Award-winning comedies Fleabag and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan, The Boys, Mindy Kaling's Late Night, Donald Glover's Guava Island, the Academy Award-winning Manchester by the Sea, Academy Award-nominated The Big Sick, exclusives, and live concerts and sports.
We are currently seeking an experienced Production Manager to aid Amazon Studios' genre, scripted productions, co-productions, and licensed programs in Japan. The team will need your support across overseeing budgets, schedules, and overall productions for Amazon Studios. This role will work with Post-Production, Marketing, PR, Legal, and Business Affairs. You will be interacting with both internal and external stakeholders at the studio and show level.
• Works with Head of Production for Local Original Movies and stakeholders to assist in the oversight of all Local Original Movies in development and production in Japan
• Meets with show production managers and creative executives in budget and production meetings
• Assist with tracking and processing approvals for budget and production approvals
• Is on-set when necessary to evaluate work-flow , budgets and potential problems
• Analyzes budgets and cost reports
• Acts a liaison from producers to Head of Production of Local Original Movies
• Will create and update production charts for projects in territory.
• Familiarity with MMB scripted budget and various MMS schedules (One-Liner, Day Out Of Days, etc.) documents.
• Experience prioritizing & handling multiple projects at once.
• Excellent organizational skills; ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through and meet deadlines
• 2+ years experience in movie production and/or accounting
• 2+ years experience with budgeting, scheduling and cost reports
• Experience working on international productions in Japan
• Experience with budgeting, scheduling, and cost reports
• Experience problem solving onset
• Experience in MM Budgeting and Scheduling
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
• Fluency in Japanese and English, both written and spoken
• Experience working in other APAC countries
Amazon Studios is the movies and television development and production arm of Amazon. It is our role to produce original content and license studio programs worldwide in exclusive service of Amazon's Prime Video customers. We need your passion, innovative ideas, and creativity to help take us to new heights.