Production Finance Executive, Original Movies
Santa Monica, CA
Amazon Studios which is the original film, television, development and production arm of Amazon.com and is seeking a Production Finance Executive to join the finance team. Our projects include THE MARVELOUS MRS MAISEL, JACK RYAN, GOLIATH, and THE BOYS. This position will support the production finance and studios operation teams on our fast growing studios production business. This is an exciting opportunity to join the team at an early, high-growth stage and have ownership of the production accounting and production finance functions for Scripted TV.
The successful candidate will help to manage the production finance functions for the life cycle of production. This position will have ownership over managing the Production Accounting teams that work on our projects and oversee the month-end financial reporting process.
The candidate must operate successfully in a fast-paced, global, results-oriented environment, and have the ability to influence the decisions of senior business leaders through effective verbal and written communication, logical reasoning, and the presentation of alternatives. The successful candidate must be able to think and act both strategically and tactically. Strong oral and written communication skills are crucial, as well as ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, scope technical requirements and prioritize.
The role requires a self-starter, who is able to work autonomously as well as cross-functionally with other teams including Creative, Development, Production, Legal, Business Affairs, Finance, and Accounting. The ideal candidate will understand the television production business and be able to liaise between the Amazon business teams and production personnel.
• Serve as point of contact between multiple original television productions and the Amazon Studios finance team.
• Onboard production accounting teams during pre-production to ensure that they adhere to our accounting manual guidelines for the studio.
• Work closely with production accounting teams to ensure production accounting guidelines are being followed.
• Work with show accountants on a day-to-day basis to drive accurate, complete, and timely cost reporting, protecting and managing show assets and supporting production.
• Review production budgets, cost reports, trial balances and petty cash reconciliations prepared by show accountants.
• Collaborate with Line Producers, Production Managers, Production Accounting staff and the Amazon Production team to prepare all financial reports and ensure proper reconciliation of accounts.
• Oversee production incentive workflow and ensure receipt of tax credits or cash.
• Manage production company onboarding and production payroll/accounting software set ups.
• Manage cash flow and funding schedules for assigned projects.
This position is located in Culver City, California.
• 3+ years of experience in finance or a related analytical field.
• A combination of 4+ years of experience in entertainment finance and production accounting in the film production industry.
• Advanced knowledge of various production accounting software: EP Smart Accounting, Vista, PSL, MediaWeb, and Greenslate.
• University degree in Accounting or Finance.
• Advanced knowledge of MS Excel and database management
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written.
• Highly motivated, analytical, proactive and self-sufficient
• Ability to plan and manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Must be able to work independently and team up with various divisions.
• Able to earn the trust and respect of clients and coworkers.
• Strong organization and time management skills.
• Ability to effectively research, conclude on and communicate technical accounting topics.
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d88en6-35-170-64-36-42 in your application.