Senior Production Finance
London, United Kingdom
Amazon Studios is the original film and television development and production arm of Amazon.com. Our projects include award winning television series TRANSPARENT and THE MARVELOUS MRS. MAISEL and films include MANCHESTER BY THE SEA and THE BIG SICK.
This position will support both the production finance team and the development accounts payable team along with the other studios operation teams of our fast growing film and television studio production business.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the team at an early, high growth stage and have ownership of production finance and payable functions.
• Own and manage the development process for EU Originals projects. Liaising with writers and producers as well as internal stakeholders to ensure timely and accurate processing of development payments. Performing all onboarding and compliance activities.
• Assist with month end financial reporting process.
• Work with Studios stakeholders (Creative, Business Affairs, Legal, Corporate AP and Financial Operations Team) to effectively execute development payments and troubleshoot issues.
• Leverage metrics to identify areas of improvement, including process and technology based changes.
This position is located in London (UK), but some international travel might be required.
• Accounting, finance, or quantitative undergraduate degree.
• 3 years of experience in production/finance/accounting with a portion in the film and television production industry.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written in English and preferably on a second EU language.
• Advanced knowledge of MS Excel (VBA) and database management
• Strong organization and time management skills.
• Proficiency in financial software and systems including Oracle Financials.
• Knowledge of SQL, database, and data mining is desirable.
• Ability to manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously and drive projects to completion.
• Knowledge of variousproduction accounting software: Vista, PSL, PMI.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.