Director, Global Content Operations
Culver City, CA
Are you interested in shaping the future of movies and television? Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching?
Prime Video is a premium streaming service that offers customers a vast collection of TV shows and movies - all with the ease of finding what they love to watch in one place. We offer customers thousands of popular movies and TV shows from Originals and Exclusive content to exciting live sports events. We also offer our members the opportunity to subscribe to add-on channels which they can cancel at anytime and to rent or buy new release movies and TV box sets on the Prime Video Store. Prime Video is a fast-paced, growth business - available in over 240 countries and territories worldwide. The team works in a dynamic environment where innovating on behalf of our customers is at the heart of everything we do. If this sounds exciting to you, please read on.
We are looking for a talented Product Manager who shares Amazon's passion for delivering great video experiences to our growing base of customers around the world. Specifically, we are looking for a talented new team member to help drive product improvements for Prime Video Direct (PVD) - our distribution service to help content creators reach millions of Amazon customers across hundreds of devices with the same distribution options and delivery quality available to major motion picture and television studios. This role is a critical part of the success of PVD as we scale across the globe. You will have the closest interaction with our customers, video content providers, and will help drive insights and learnings that will inform and improve the product and CX we offer. You will partner heavily with Content Acquisition, Strategy, Finance, Legal, and Tech with direct leadership interactions. You will help scale this team's influence by driving business requirements, running experiments, and strategically partnering with the Content Acquisition team to drive new initiatives and growth. You will also be the voice of the customer to tech partners in organizations like the Video Central and Video Compliance and Classification teams, and create business requirements that power PVD development.
Key responsibilities include:
• Develop the product vision, roadmap, success criteria/prioritization framework and create consensus with key internal partners. Distill business needs into crisp, actionable product requirements for engineering team review.
• Manage delivery of current products/features, define and measure success and effectively communicate results to both tech and non-tech stakeholders
• Identify strategic opportunities that are valuable to Amazon customers and internal stakeholders through product planning and presentations to senior leadership. Create working backwards documents like PRFAQs in tandem with Product Management documents like BRDs
• Actively identify and resolve strategic blockers that may impair product and operational goals
• Advocate for engineering resources to support diverse business needs and use-cases
• Become the subject matter expert in all things related to Prime Video Direct product
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent qualification
• Experience owning roadmap strategy and definition
• Experience owning feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
• Experience with end to end product delivery and product cycles of 6+ months
• 2+ years experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
• Technical acumen to recognize simple engineering solutions to complex business problems
• Excellent influencing skills, driving sense of urgency and engagement throughout the organization, at all levels
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent quantitative data analysis and critical-thinking skills
• Advanced proficiency in MS Office, Excel, SQL
• Attention to detail and relentless commitment to follow-through
• Ability to multi-task and handle various projects simultaneously to drive timely results
• Ability to communicate and influence effectively with a wide variety of technical and non-technical audiences at all levels
• Experience leading global program initiatives and/or process improvement efforts
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d225e6-44-192-253-106-42 in your application.