Are you interested in shaping the future of movies and television?
Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching? Prime Video is one of the leading digital video services on the Internet today, and we're just getting started changing the way millions of people enjoy content. Now available in more than 240 countries and territories, Prime Video offers customers the broadest selection of any on-demand video service, including our critically-acclaimed Amazon Originals such as the Emmy Award-winning comedies Fleabag and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan, The Boys, Wheel of Time, Making The Cut, Modern Love, Good Omens and Clarkson's Farm, and live concerts and sports.
We are currently seeking an experienced US/North America Production Health & Safety Manager to join the existing Production Health & Safety Team overseeing the injury and illness prevention programs of our global production operations.
The successful candidate will collaborate on the strategic operational planning for scaling our safety oversight to productions around the globe, identify and/or develop tools and processes to drive efficiencies, socialize safe practices, operationalize H&S specialists recruiting for productions, and work with internal cross-functional teams to support the needs of the studio and the productions. He/she/they must have experience in global physical production health and safety management including facilities, practical locations, special effects and stunt planning, risk assessment development and vetting, and emergency response planning and management.
The day-to-day functions will include introducing productions to our Health & Safety resources, protocols, standards and procedures, reviewing scripts for H&S concerns, attending safety planning and production meetings, meeting with production department heads to identify areas of concern and answer questions, respond to the H&S incident hotline and oversee local stage facility production safety.
Occasional travel, both domestic and international, will be required.
• Provide service and support to Production Executives and Operations team with regard to Safety and Production Safety.
• Provide Production Safety guidance expertise to our scripted and non-scripted productions.
• Review Production Safety Programs for filming with production management as well as Heads of Departments, including reviewing responsibilities, Code of Safe Practices and Safety Bulletins and guidelines.
• Review safety communication on set or off production with team, for example, Call Sheets, Tool Box Talks and Risk Assessments.
• Review: scripts, location inspection reports, proposed hazardous activity, and risk assessments.
• Develop and prepare custom Safety Bulletins and Safety Guidance documents as the need arises.
• Review existing Production Safety Program/Protocols periodically to ensure it is up to date and accurate
• Conduct periodic location visits as needed or requested.
• Provide safety guidance on addressing environmental issues encountered on location.
• Participate in kick off production meetings to provide a short safety brief on the production safety program.
About the team
The Production Health & Safety team are key members of the Production Operations team. Production Operations provide support and guidance to our content creators worldwide. Our goal is to dismantle any roadblocks faced by our producers while ensuring they are all working safely and responsibly.
• Extensive years on-set experience as a Production Health & Safety Manager
• Experience collaborating with diverse cross-functional team, including senior internal partners, project managers, legal, labor, risk management and workplace managers.
• Significant proven experience in Production Health and Safety with a track record of increasing scope, responsibility and complexity.
• Experience in working with Health and Safety Management software and common reporting tools.
• Extensive experience with physical production, Features, Television, and unscripted.
• Excellent working knowledge of all physical production roles/jobs on and off production. This includes: terminology, organizational structure, equipment, construction methods, stunt, and special effects processes.
• Experience prioritizing & handling multiple items at once.
• Excellent organizational skills; ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through and meet deadlines
• Degree and/or professional certification/s (ASP, CSP, CIH) in Occupational Health & Safety.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rzjk61-34-229-119-176-42 in your application.