Manager, Security Systems - EMEA
London, United Kingdom
Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching? Prime Video is one of the leading digital video services on the Internet today, and we're just getting started changing the way millions of people around the world enjoy content. Now available in more than 240 countries and territories, Prime Video offers customers the broadest selection of any on-demand video service, including our critically-acclaimed Amazon Originals Series such as the multi-award-winning The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan, The Boys; UK-produced hit Amazon Original series like Good Omens, The Grand Tour, All or Nothing: Manchester City and forthcoming drama series The Power; exclusive TV shows like Star Trek: Picard, American Gods and Vikings; and movies like Late Night and Get Duked, plus live sport including ATP and WTA Tour and US Open Tennis and Premier League football.
Amazon Studios is the movies and television development and production arm of Amazon. It is our role to produce original content and license studio programs worldwide in exclusive service of Amazon's Prime Video customers. We need your passion, innovative ideas, and creativity to help take us to new heights.
We are seeking an EU Programming Strategy Principal to be a part of the Amazon Studios team. The Global Programming Strategy vertical collaborates very closely with the Release Strategy and Planning vertical, both of which are part of the Global Programming and Audience Development organization. Together, the team owns the strategic perspective on overall programming and scheduling across originals and licensing. They build the portfolio and schedule originals and licensed programs to drive service-level customer acquisition, engagement, and retention. Programming Strategy focuses on what our content portfolio is missing over the short, medium, and long term as well as audience priorities, while Release Strategy and Planning focuses on how and when we launch each title to optimize and further customer goals. The output is directing our development pipelines as we look to close gaps over a three-year horizon, and mechanizing licensing or other outputs in the case we have near-term shortfalls.
The EU Principal will be a critical leader within the Global Programming Strategy team and will drive international expansion of Programming Strategy into the EU, primarily the UK, DE, FR, IT, and ES. This position will be the conduit between Global and EU-local programming decisions and will establish mechanisms and best practices for this function in conjunction with EU leadership. The role will rely heavily on influence over authority to drive project deliverables. Effective cross-functional collaboration within the Programming Strategy verticals and across Marketing, Finance, and Content teams (Originals and licensing) is crucial to the success of this role.
This role will be focused on and located in the EU but report into our LA-based Studio; as such, strong thought leadership, autonomy, local expertise, and ability to thrive in ambiguity are necessities.
KEY ACTIVITIES INCLUDE:
• Innovating and building new ways to understand and model optimizing our content portfolio for our customers across established and nascent SVOD/Prime Video markets
• Shepherding portfolio and title programming strategy across the full content lifecycle, working closely with our Originals and Licensing teams on highlighting our audience and content needs across a 5-year horizon
• Scaling tools and mechanisms (audience targeting models, portfolio optimization) developed from the central team into the EU while adapting for local needs
• Working closely with marketing on setting audience acquisition and retention goals on a portfolio- and title- level
Representing the voice of EU programming on ''global'' decisions coming out of our US-based production factory
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• Multiple years experience in business, finance, marketing or related fields
• Extensive experience leading large-scale programs/projects with high impact
• Fluent in English and 1 other European Language (e.g. French, Italian, German, Dutch, Spanish)
• Excellent quantitative skills and strong experience with modeling and data analyses
• A passion for content, brands, digital media and digital video; prior experience in the media/entertainment industry a plus
• Fluent English and 1 other
• Exceptional ability to collaborate, earn trust of stakeholders, and work cross-functionally
• Confident leader who can prioritize well and communicate clearly, both verbal and written, across all levels of the organization with a proven ability to influence others
• The ability to understand and discuss creative, business, and technical concepts, manage trade-off decisions, and evaluate new ideas
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
All offers are conditional on references, verification of the right to work in the UK, and a successful background screening check. This check will include previous employment verification, qualification verification (if relevant) and a basic criminal check. Further details of this policy and procedure will be sent to you along with your conditional offer.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use, and transfer the personal data of our candidates.