Sr. Production Executive, Brazil Local Original Movies
Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
Amazon Studios has an opening for an experienced MOVIES executive to look after the creative demands of fiction films. The ideal candidate has extensive experience as a seller (producer/studio) or buyer/commissioner (network/studio) in both development and production along with a deep knowledge of the creative and business challenges in honing film development and production from idea to launch. Must have proven creative instincts selecting, developing, producing and greenlighting feature films as well as strong interpersonal skills and relationships.
Day to day tasks include:
• Oversee Film Slate: 1) in development, including evaluation of source material, concept and character development as well as business matters such as deals with key parties; 2) current production matters including packaging of cast, directors, field producers and editor; 3) be available to travel to domestic and international locations for pre-production, production and post-production; 4) seeing projects through from idea to delivery, with a creative focus as well on working with creative heads on editing/post and management of final creative deliverables.
• Manage relationships with talent and key partners. With many years in the industry, brings pre-existing relationships and depth of knowledge in the Brazilian film and TV industry and beyond.
• Exercise excellent creative and business judgement, especially in spotting the potential in ideas.
• Builds relationships with creators, directors, producers, production companies, artist representatives and creative community.
• Understand the nuts and bolts of unscripted production, and production management and participate in all aspects of pre-production, shooting, and post from budget and casting to production issues in the field to editing and final delivery.
• Manage and supervise post-production/editing of content to ensure quality of finished product meets Amazon's quality and creative standards.
• Liaise with other departments including Marketing, Publicity, Research, Digital, Social and Business and Legal Affairs.
• Experience in FILM content development and commissioning as a Senior producer or Creative Executive in a proven scripted production company, network or studio.
• Development, Production and/or Current Programming experience in the various genres of FILM.
• • Extensive network of relationships in terms of writers, agents, producers, directors, rights owners etc.
• • Proven development, writing and editing skills
• • Knowledge and understanding of storytelling trends
• • Impeccable people skills, both in terms of maintaining internal relationships and fostering external ones
• • Excellent oral and written communication skills
• • Independent, entrepreneurial, passionate self-starter with a focus on delivery of excellence
• • Highly organized, details matter, enjoy working in cross-functional & international teams under aggressive deadlines.
• • Ability to operate in a high-energy, high-intensity and rapidly evolving environment.
• • Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• • Fluent in Portuguese and English
• • Excellent verbal and written English/Portuguese communication skills shaped by an international outlook and broad interest in popular culture across all media types.
• • Production and/or project management experience in the media industry
• • Experience with licensing, rights acquisitions and/or contract negotiations.
• • Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field.
• • Professional fluency in Spanish