Software Development Engineer
Culver City, CA
Come join a creative team dedicated to changing the way movies are made!
Our production technology team at Amazon Studios is looking for Network Development Engineer at Amazon Studios. Your core job responsibility is to design network topologies, architectures, and services that solve for many requirements. We listen to our customers (both internal and external) and we also listen to our teams.
Our Engineers contribute materially to each team's roadmap, and constantly help us to determine what's most important. Together, you and your leadership team will decide on the projects that best support your team's mission. You will have the resources and time necessary to understand, scope, and deliver these solutions.
The primary area of responsibility you and your team will have is to design ahead of customer or technology needs, predicting and solving for problems that have not yet occurred. This takes the form of creating and defending high level design (HLD) documents. You will work with vendors and internal stakeholders to influence technology roadmaps, constructing and testing your solutions, and providing support to the teams that will deploy and operate these designs. Our teams also serve as technical escalation points in support of our very talented operations teams.
We're interested in engineers with experience having designed, operated, and implemented networks of very large scale and well versed in the operation of the internet routing hierarchy. Candidates should understand the theory behind and have deep operational knowledge of routing protocols with particular emphasis on their impact to hardware platforms. We're looking for those who have pushed platforms to their limits, understand how to work within the limitations imposed by third-party software and how to avoid them through your designs.
• A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, CCNP, or equivalent industry experience.
• 5 + years of relevant experience in network engineering and cloud networking.
• Prior industry experience in a similar environment e.g. ISP, peering and exchange, and large (IP) carrier networks.
• Prior experience in security and firewall management.
• Demonstrates knowledge of routing protocols BGP, OSPF and MPLS and prior working experience
• Demonstrates understanding and prior experience with internet peering ecosystems and internet scale traffic engineering.
• Troubleshooting traffic engineering using BGP and large-scale network design and maintenance.
• In-depth knowledge and experience with major router platforms.
• Experience with Cisco or Arista switches.
• Demonstrate an understanding of both network hardware and packet forwarding architecture.
• Prior experience managing large projects to completion either as project manager or lead.
• Prior experience in high availability, global backbone design and architecture.
• Understanding of IP networking fundamentals and extensive experience in the application of IP protocols as well as network analysis fundamentals and robust troubleshooting skills.
• Demonstrates knowledge of Unix/Linux skills and the ability to script in Python, Perl, shell, C or C++
• Understanding of Software-defined networking (SDN), uses within AWS and ability to implement networking knowledge to SDN and leverage network automation tools.
• Professional Certifications (e.g. CCIE, JNCIE).
• Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation/Age.
• Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.