Head Of Local Scripted Originals
Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching?
Prime Video is one of the leading digital video services on the Internet today, and we're just getting started changing the way millions of people enjoy content. Now available in more than 240 countries and territories, Prime Video offers customers the broadest selection of any on-demand video service, including our critically-acclaimed Amazon Originals such as the Emmy Award-winning comedies Fleabag and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan, The Boys; Latin American produced hit Amazon Original series Like LOLMX, Un Extraño Enemigo, El Juego de las Llaves, El Presidente, La Juaria, Pan y Circo, movies like Mindy Kaling's Late Night, the Academy Award-winning Manchester by the Sea, Academy Award-nominated The Big Sick, exclusives, and live concerts and sports.
We are currently seeking an experienced Junior Creative Development Executive to work with our Latin American originals development team. This role will provide coverage and feedback to creatives within the department. You will use your excellent organizational skills to respond to situations and events that require quick action or turnaround; and efficiently and creatively solve interesting and complex problems that affect the teams you will be working with. Teams will need your support on a range of projects, such as getting a second set of eyes on a script, sourcing global talent options, syncing productions, finding Latin American-based writers and editors to consult, evaluating scripted pitches, etc. The role will also provide a ton of coverage and feedback to creatives as we evaluate opportunities to expand.
• Evaluate the quality of scripts and offer creative feedback.
• Track writers and directors.
• Seek out and assess pilot proposals, scripts, and pitches.
• Work with writers to develop stories and scripts.
• Support all creative aspects of development, production and post-production.
• Serve as a liaison between the scripted department and all other departments.
• Experience overseeing all creative aspects of development production and post production
• 5+ years of experience as a creative executive
• Experience working with other departments such as casting, production, research, PR, business and legal affairs
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
• 5+ years of successful series development in TV
• Experience managing series
• Detailed planning, time management and organizational skills.• Strong knowledge of entertainment industry trends and players.
• Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Creative problem-solver.
• High levels of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information.
• Excellent story skills.
• Experience managing series
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Amazon Studios is the movies and television development and production arm of Amazon. It is our role to produce original content and license studio programs worldwide in exclusive service of Amazon's Prime Video customers. We need your passion, innovative ideas, and creativity to help take us to new heights.