Movies Development Executive
Are you interested in shaping the future of movies and television?
Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching? Prime Video is one of the leading digital video services on the Internet today, and we're just getting started changing the way millions of people around the world enjoy content. Now available in more than 240 countries and territories, Prime Video offers customers the broadest selection of any on-demand video service, including our critically-acclaimed Amazon Originals Series such as the multi-award-winning The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan, The Boys; UK-produced hit Amazon Original series like Good Omens, The Grand Tour, All or Nothing: Manchester City and forthcoming drama series The Power; exclusive TV shows like Star Trek: Picard, American Gods and Vikings; and movies like Late Night and Get Duked, plus live sport including ATP and WTA Tour and US Open Tennis and Premier League football.
Amazon Studios Europe is looking for an experienced Jr. Creative Development Executive to look after the creative demands of unscripted series. In this position you will work with the team on the sourcing, development and execution of Original Unscripted Spanish productions, reporting to the Head of Spanish Originals and to the ES Unscripted Originals Leader. This position will be based in Madrid.
You will use experience as a seller (producer) or buyer/commissioner (network) in both development along with a deep knowledge the creative and business issues in bringing programs from idea to launch. You will help with the selecting, developing, producing and/or greenlighting projects as well as helping to build relationships.
You will attend pitches and, where applicable, review material to have informed and productive meetings. Oversee assigned shows and oversee and own 1) development including evaluation of source material, concept and character development as well as business matters such as deals with key parties and 2) current and production matters including staffing of showrunners, directors, field producers and editor, and be available to travel to domestic and international locations for preproduction, production and post-production, seeing projects through from idea to delivery.
• Manage relationships with talent and key partners.
• Exercise creative and business judgement, especially in spotting the potential in ideas.
• Builds relationships with creators, directors, producers, production companies, artist representatives and creative community.
• Understands production, and able to participate in all aspects of pre, production, and post from budget and casting to production issues in the field from to final delivery.
• Manage and supervise post-production/editing of content to ensure quality of finished product meets Amazon's quality and creative standards.
• Liaise with other departments including Marketing, Publicity, Research, Digital, Social and Business and Legal Affairs.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• Multiple years experience as a creative executive in a production company or network with previous Development and/or Current Programming experience in the various genres of Unscripted Television (documentary, competition, talk, etc)
• Fluent in Spanish and English
• Knowledge of industry talent and trends.
• Broad network of writers, producers and artists.
• Experience with online series development and current production.
• Familiarity with SVOD or OTT video services.
• Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify, and build.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use, and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Amazon Studios is the movies and television development and production arm of Amazon. It is our role to produce original content and license studio programs worldwide in exclusive service of Amazon's Prime Video customers. We need your passion, innovative ideas, and creativity to help take us to new heights.