Unscripted Development Executive
Are you interested in shaping the future of movies and television?
Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching? Prime Video is one of the leading digital video services on the Internet today, and we're just getting started changing the way millions of people around the world enjoy content. Now available in more than 240 countries and territories, Prime Video offers customers the broadest selection of any on-demand video service, including our critically-acclaimed Amazon Originals Series such as the multi-award-winning The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan, The Boys; UK-produced hit Amazon Original series like Good Omens, The Grand Tour, All or Nothing: Manchester City and forthcoming drama series The Power; exclusive TV shows like Star Trek: Picard, American Gods and Vikings; and movies like Late Night and Get Duked, plus live sport including ATP and WTA Tour and US Open Tennis and Premier League football.
We are currently seeking an experienced Senior Creative Development Executive to work with our originals development team. You will use your experience in both development and production to identify material, talent and give creative guidance and feedback to top-level writers and directors on outlines, scripts, and cuts. Using your comprehensive knowledge of top tier film and premium television talent, and will leverage on previous industry relationships while building new ones. You will be working in a self-motivated, passionate and collaborative environment.
• Seek out and assess pilot proposals, scripts, and pitches.
• Recruit new creative talent.
• Work with writers to develop stories and scripts.
• Oversee all creative aspects of development, production and post-production.
• Serve as primary liaison between the scripted department and all other departments
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in a relevant role.
• Multiple years of successful series development and/or current programming experience, in TV
• Experience managing scripted TV series
• Experience working at a television network.
• Post-graduate degree in film, law or business.
• Creative problem-solver.
• High levels of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information.
• Excellent skills in narratology.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify, and build.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use, and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Amazon Studios is the movies and television development and production arm of Amazon. It is our role to produce original content and license studio programs worldwide in exclusive service of Amazon's Prime Video customers. We need your passion, innovative ideas, and creativity to help take us to new heights.