Software Development Engineer
Culver City, CA
Come join a creative team dedicated to changing the way movies are made!
Our production technology team at Amazon Studios is looking for a Front-End Development Engineer with prior experience in both front end interfaces and back end systems. You will help define the system architecture, own and implement specific components and help shape the overall experience. You'll collaborate closely with UX researchers and designers and other SDE team members to help define the scope of the product.
As an early team member, you will take responsibility for technical problem solving, creatively meeting product objectives and developing best practices. You will demonstrate cross-functional resource interaction to accomplish your goals. You will play a role in defining processes and methods to improve the productivity of the entire team.
Amazon Studios has a fast-paced environment where we ''Work Hard, Have Fun, Make History.'' On a typical day, our software development engineers dive deep to root cause a customer issue, release the latest new features, consult with the top engineers at Amazon and discuss radical new approaches to building and operating at scale.
You'll be surrounded by people who are smart, passionate about observability and believe that we are only scratching the surface of what AWS can really do to enable film and show production in the cloud.
• Experience with object-oriented design
• 10+ years industry experience as a Software Engineer or Developer
• Prior experience in AWS and/or cloud computing in general.
• Prior experience with software engineering best practices (code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, deployment, release, and change management).
• Experience with modern web technologies and techniques such as HTML5, CSS3, CSS frameworks and CSS pre-processors.
• Experience with responsive and mobile design, as well as cross-browser development and testing.
• Experience building rich data-driven web applications by consuming RESTful services and APIs.
• Depth in data structures and algorithms, especially those dealing with concurrency or scaling.
• Demonstrated proficiency in multiple modern programming languages, such as Java, Go, or Python.
• Experience communicating directly with users, software development teams, or management in order to share plans/vision or collect data (e.g. requirements) to drive product improvement.
• Proficient designing and building highly available, resilient large-scale distributed systems.
• Ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges in an enterprise environment.
• Experience building software solutions that leverage AWS services (e.g. S3, DynamoDB, EC2).
• Working knowledge of feature distribution and advanced formats: HDR – (Dolby Vision, HDR10, HLG, HFR, DCI, 4K, 8K) and video signal flows and technical monitoring
• Experience coding in Go.
• Experience writing and using high speed file transfer using UDP into AWS services across distributed networks.
• Experience with Agile engineering practices (continuous integration, TDD, etc.).
• Experience with CNCF projects such as Kubernetes, Prometheus, Grafana, and Jaeger.
• Familiarity with internet security, SSO, IAM, RBAC.
• Experience with high scale data stores and caching strategies
• Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation/Age.
• Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.