The Facilities Scheduling Manager leads a worldwide team that provides day to day scheduling support for multiple resource groups including production studios/stages, backlots, support spaces, technical resources, personnel and includes quoting and billing for Amazon Studios.
They will work with business leaders to execute on short and long-term strategies and collaborate with internal stakeholders to build processes and tools allowing us to scale.
We seek a candidate with experience building and launching new initiatives and a demonstrated track record of working with cross-functional studios and corporate partners successfully. A successful candidate will be passionate, self-motivated, proactive, quick-thinking, flexible, able to pivot when necessary, and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and an unwavering attention to detail. This is a position that requires someone who is a proactive and positive thinker, and able to exercise good judgment and strong communication skills.
Key job responsibilities
• Build and lead a team which provides day to day scheduling support for multiple resource groups including production studios/stages, backlots, support spaces, technical resources, personnel and includes quoting and billing for Amazon Studios.
• Implement creative approaches to scheduling facility resources to optimize production efficiency
• Create and maintain a database of existing stage deals & leases to house all contracts, visualize a timeline of occupancy, and create available data points for cost comparison to improve negotiations.
• Work closely with the client service team to manage resource availability, inventory and provide reporting to leadership
• Demonstrate understanding of workplace policies, business practices and operations and apply to scheduling procedures.
• Create payroll reporting and production reporting. Track and analyze resource usage to properly forecast future resource needs.
• Work closely with software vendor to appropriate design & maintain scheduling software system and ensure timely delivery of any modifications to minimize potential downtime
• Create, review & manage all technical facility resources through a scheduling system as needed.
• Manage production requests and schedule against them as required.
• Work collaboratively with Finance teams to align and ensure accuracy of billing and allocations in the scheduling software system.
• Partner with stakeholders to resolve urgent needs and to balance resource needs with costs.
• Collaborate with Head of Department to identify operational needs based on resource schedules, facility availability, event scheduling, contingency plan scheduling, and to resolve urgent needs and conflicts
• Collaborate with other internal departments (Finance, HR, Facilities, etc.) to provide data related to resource scheduling
• Develop recommendations and articulate strategies in resource optimization
• Create new team schedules based on changing workplace requirements
• Manage staff in the various workforce management activities of forecasting, scheduling, capacity planning.
• Exercise consistent independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
• Develops processes and procedures that can scale across teams
• Consistently challenge practices to ensure the team is raising the bar on its performance and operational excellence
• Develop strong relationships with key business stakeholders by monitoring and listening to feedback, and deliver reporting for business-critical elements
• 8+ years' experience in production resource scheduling and workforce management
• Expertise in people management, working across different teams in multiple worldwide locations
• Experience in entertainment-specific scheduling and a deep understanding of Production, Studio and Post Production infrastructure and requirements
• Proficiency in production tools and productivity software, including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Project, SharePoint
• Experience with the following enterprise platforms: Xytech MediaPulse, ScheduALL and Airtable.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• 3-5 years of experience in production administration
• 3-5 years of experience with budgeting, scheduling and cost tracking in a production environment
• Understands fundamental operations of film and/or television production
• Ability to juggle multiple projects efficiently in a fast-paced environment while delivering outstanding results.
• Ability to make trade-offs between schedule, resources and scope in order to deliver on projects efficiently
• Must be willing to work in Miami, FL
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice (if applicable)
• Must be ''on call'' 24 hours a day / 7 days a week
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gwbz6p-44-201-94-72-42 in your application.