Do you want to play an instrumental role in transforming the future of entertainment? Here's your opportunity!
Amazon Prime Video is one of the leading digital video services on the internet today, and we're just getting started changing the way millions of people enjoy content. Now available in more than 240 countries and territories, Prime Video offers customers the broadest selection of any on-demand video service, including our critically-acclaimed Amazon Originals such as the Emmy Award-winning comedies Fleabag and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, The Boys, Mindy Kaling's Late Night, Regina King's One Night in Miami, Rihanna's Savage x Fenty, exclusives, and live concerts and sports.
Prime has hundreds of millions of customers who bring varying backgrounds, ideas, and points of view. We are working to develop leaders and shape future talent pools to help us meet the needs of our customers around the world. We recognize and celebrate diverse perspectives come from many sources including gender, race, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, culture, education, as well as professional and life experience.
The Diversity, Equity and Inclusion team is looking for a passionate, results-oriented Business Intelligence Engineer (BIE) to build complex analytical solutions that deepen our collective understanding of our content, influence innovation, and deliver actionable insights for our business. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who is comfortable driving complex analysis, coupled with a demonstrated ability to think broadly and strategically about customer and business implications. You will encounter a wide range of problem-solving situations, strategic to real-time, requiring extensive use of data collection and analysis. The insights that you deliver drive strategic decision making for Amazon Studios and its partner teams and are critical inputs to influence the way we think about our content creation and delivery.
As a BIE on our team, you will wear many hats and work in a highly collaborative environment that's more startup than big company. What you'll own and take on right away: Building and optimizing leadership influencing data visualizations; strengthening methods for data collection and permissions; providing insights and data modeling for key business projects; strategic reporting; building data roadmaps, and scaling globally. In the future, we foresee cross-functional and collaborative analysis projects to get bigger insights about our content and our products, space for experimentation and identifying key performance indicators.
Successful candidates have a solid background in analyzing and solving business problems at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context, and developing solutions that utilize the highest standards of analytical rigor and data integrity while being easy for vertical leaders to interpret. You will utilize database technologies, including SQL, ETL and Redshift to design, develop, and evaluate analyses and highly innovative business intelligence tools and reporting. You will also establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for large scale data analyses, model development, model validation, and model implementation.
• 3+ years of experience in the data/BI space
• Experience with SQL, and other scripting languages (e.g., R, Python)
• Experience with data visualization using Tableau, QuickSight, or similar tools
• 3+ years of relevant experience in Analytics, Business Intelligence, Data Science, Technical Operations
• Bachelor's or advanced degree in Business, Computer Science, Information Science or related education
• Experience in data mining (SQL joins, ETL, data warehouse/lakes, etc.) and using databases in a business environment with large-scale, complex datasets
• Data visualization and dashboard build experience (Tableau or QuickSight preferred)
• Experience with Tableau, Analysis Services, MicroStrategy or similar BI Reporting Platform
• Admin experience with a BI reporting platform
• Experience with designing relational data models and data warehouses/lakes
• Experience in complex data analysis (model creation, what-if scenarios, A/B testing, etc.)
• Proven ability to solve complex quantitative business challenges
• Verbal/written communication & data presentation skills, including experience to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.