Creative Development Executive Movies
Are you interested in shaping the future of movies and television? Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching? Prime Video is one of the leading digital video services on the Internet today, and we're just getting started changing the way millions of people around the world enjoy content. Now available in more than 240 countries and territories, Prime Video offers customers the broadest selection of any on-demand video service, including our critically-acclaimed Amazon Originals Series such as the multi-award-winning The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan, The Boys; UK-produced hit Amazon Original series like Good Omens, The Grand Tour, All or Nothing: Manchester City and forthcoming drama series The Power; exclusive TV shows like Star Trek: Picard, American Gods and Vikings; and movies like Late Night and Get Duked, plus live sport including ATP and WTA Tour and US Open Tennis and Premier League football.
Amazon Studios Europe is seeking an experienced, dynamic and self-motivated Creative Development Executive for our Unscripted Originals team in Italy.
In this position you will manage the sourcing, development and execution of original unscripted Italian productions, reporting into the Head of Italian Originals. You will leverage your experience as a seller (producer) or buyer/commissioner (network) in both development and current along with a deep knowledge the creative and business issues in bringing programs from idea to launch. You will be selecting, developing, producing and/or greenlighting projects as well as building relationships. You will attend pitches and, where applicable, reviews material to have informed and productive meetings.
You will be joining a dynamic, creative and fast paced team, with an in-depth knowledge of the Italian unscripted TV landscape, where you will be responsible for multiple projects in development and production as well as a high volume of submissions and meetings. Using your creative and developed interpersonal skills you will foster and grow industry relationships as well as using your great creative instincts to select, develop, produce and greenlight projects. This position will be based in Milan and will report to the Head of Italian Originals.
• Key point of contact and support for producers, agents, talent within the territory.
• Cultivate new creative relationships in the Italian marketplace representing Amazon Studios.
• Solicit and assess proposals and pitches, making recommendations on submissions to enter in to development and providing feedback.
• Work with Legal and BA to secure production and talent for original programming
• Accountable for driving the execution of the studios vision and goals for the territory.
• Managing the production from inception to launch, interacting with key steak holders internally and externally during this process.
• Attend weekly business, development and production meetings as required.
• Oversee production of greenlit series for premium quality and cost efficiency.
• Understands production, and able to participate in all aspects of pre, production, and post from budget and casting to production issues in the field from to final delivery.
• Manage and supervise post-production/editing of content to ensure quality of finished product meets Amazon's quality and creative standards.
• Liaise with other departments including Marketing, Publicity, Research, Digital, Social and Business and Legal Affairs.
• Bachelor's degree and/or graduate degree or applicable experience
• Multiple years of TV entertainment development experience at an executive level, including successful formats and docu-series.
• Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills in both Italian and English.
• Broad network of creators, including producers, production companies, writers, and talent.
• Extensive experience with TV format, IPs and docu –series development or overseeing current production.
• Familiarity with SVOD or OTT video services. Web-savvy: familiar with online video environment.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify, and build.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use, and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Amazon Studios is the movies and television development and production arm of Amazon. It is our role to produce original content and license studio programs worldwide in exclusive service of Amazon's Prime Video customers. We need your passion, innovative ideas, and creativity to help take us to new heights.