Development Executive, Local Originals
Mexico City, CDM
We are currently seeking an experienced Junior Creative Development Executive to work with our originals development team. This role will provide coverage and feedback to creatives within the department. You will use your excellent organizational skills to respond to situations and events that require quick action or turnaround; and efficiently and creatively solve interesting and complex problems that affect the teams you will be working with. Teams will need your support on a range of projects, such as, getting a second set of eyes on a script, sourcing global talent options, syncing productions, finding Mexico-based writers and editors to consult, evaluating scripted pitches, etc. The role will also provide a ton of coverage and feedback to creatives as we evaluate opportunities to expand.
• Evaluate the quality of scripts and offer creative feedback.
• Track writers and directors.
• Seek out and assess pilot proposals, scripts, and pitches.
• Work with writers to develop stories and scripts.
• Support all creative aspects of development, production and post-production.
• Serve as a liaison between the scripted department and all other departments.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• 3+ years of successful series development and/or current programming experience in TV
• Experience managing series
• Must be fluent in both English and Spanish (written and verbal).
• Strong Story skills.
• Experience as an assistant at an agency, studio or production company a plus.
• Experience working as a story analyst, story editor, or in film development a plus.
• Knowledge of film industry trends and players.
• Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Creative problem-solver.
• Web-savvy: familiar with online video environment.
• Experience handling confidential information.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6z7mq-3-235-191-87-42 in your application.
Amazon Studios is the movies and television development and production arm of Amazon. It is our role to produce original content and license studio programs worldwide in exclusive service of Amazon's Prime Video customers. We need your passion, innovative ideas, and creativity to help take us to new heights.