Amazon Studios is at the forefront of revolutionary changes reshaping the entertainment industry. We are developing innovative tools and processes to elevate data-driven decisions through all areas of the organization.
The Studios Data Engineering team continues to evolve a robust platform that brings together data from all phases of the content lifecycle: from pre-greenlight, through production and post-release performance analyses. We harness the value and hidden insights buried in our massive data stores to support predictive models, financial workflows, production optimization efforts - and much more.
As a Data Engineer, you will be architecting, building and supporting the analytic technologies that give internal customers timely, flexible and structured access to their data as a means to optimize portfolio offerings, show development, scheduling and marketing. You will interact with internal customers to gather requirements and build robust, secure data flows. You will also own the design, creation, and management of large datasets. You will be designing, implementing, and operating stable and scalable solutions.
This position is located in beautiful Culver City, California. Join us!
Key job responsibilities
• Architect, build, and maintain the analytic technologies that give internal customers timely, flexible and structured access to their data
• Communicate with internal customers to gather requirements for building robust, secure data flows
• Manage large datasets, databases, and data pipelines and ensure appropriate data governance and privacy compliance
• Design, implement, and operate stable and scalable solutions
• 3+ years of experience as a Data Engineer or in a similar role
• Experience with data modeling, data warehousing, and building ETL pipelines
• Experience in SQL
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, related field or equivalent experience
• 2+ years experience with relational database models, aggregate and analytic functions, as well as database and query optimization methods
• 2+ years experience in design, development and automation of scalable ETL and reporting solutions that transforms data into accurate and actionable business information
• 2+ years experience with scalable, API based agent or service oriented software architecture
• 2+ years experience with Big Data technologies such as Spark, Hive, Python
• 2+ years experience with AWS tools such as Redshift, S3, Glue, Elastic Container Service [ECS], Elastic MapReduce [EMR] (or similar applications on other cloud platforms)
• Familiarity with cloud platform administrative tasks including managing access, permissions and roles
• Experience with security methodologies related to encryption, authentication and threat modeling
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkwozk-3-229-142-91-42 in your application.