Campaign Manager, ImdbTV
Culver City, CA
Are you interested in shaping the future of movies and television? Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching? Come build the future of entertainment with us.
IMDb TV, launched in 2019, is Amazon's free, ad-supported streaming video channel, enabling customers to watch hit TV shows, top Hollywood movies and more without purchasing a subscription. IMDb TV is shaping the future of streaming entertainment by striving toward our mission to build earth's most customer-centric premium ad-supported video service, and making premium licensed and original content free and convenient for hundreds of millions of customers to enjoy. Amazon Studios, the movies and television development and production arm of Amazon, produces Originals and licenses premium content for IMDb TV, similar to their role worldwide for Amazon's Prime Video. We are just getting started at IMDb TV and changing the way millions of people enjoy entertainment. We need your passion, innovative ideas, and creativity to help take us to new heights.
Amazon Studios and the IMDb TV team is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, experienced Data Analyst to support the IMDb TV Content and Programming team on customer-focused quantitative and qualitative research projects and data visualizations. You will help the team build on its early success, helping define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching. Using your skills in market research methodologies and direct project management experience you will work closely with the Data Science, Development, Strategy and Finance teams, always making sure to represent the voice of our customers.
The Research Analyst for IMDb TV will work closely with multiple teams, handling all reporting needs for IMDb TV C&P including aggregating data and building detailed weekly performance reports. The analyst would be tasked with servicing the reporting needs of the full IMDb TV Content and Programming team for original series, first-run originals, and licensed content.
• Produce comprehensive and insightful reports based on first party viewing and engagement data
• Work hand-in-hand with the Business Analytics and Financial teams to support the viewing and performance data needs of the IMDb TV Content and Programming team
• Support strategic research using primary, secondary and syndicated data sources
• Provide audience profiles and sizing estimates for assessments and creative planning
• Translate complex data sets into clear and compelling written narrative
• Represent, and advocate for, the existing and future IMDb TV customer in all analysis and meetings
• Provide clear and meaningful fact-based recommendations to strategy, content, and operational teams.
• Build regular performance summaries and fill ad-hoc requests for IMDb TV leadership team.
• Create reporting on the performance of content on the service by differing value metrics and customer segments.
• Map data from multiple internal and externals sources to present customer insights and overall value of a piece of content.
• Analyze customer and content results to drive improvements in content strategy.
• Bachelor's Degree
• Experience defining requirements and using data and metrics to draw business insights
• 3+ years relevant experience in financial/business analysis
• Experience making business recommendations and influencing stakeholders
• Experience with Microsoft Excel
• Experience in SQL
• MS in Statistics, Applied Math, Economics, Engineering or related quantitative field or equivalent work experience in lieu of a degree
• 3+ years of professional experience in the market research field
• Experienced in statistical and predictive analytics
• Experience with data scripting languages (e.g. SQL, Python, R etc.)
• Creative written presentation skills (MS PowerPoint)
• Experience in Tableau and MS Word
• Ability to manage and own large data files
• Able to work in a diverse team
• 5+ years of professional experience in the market research field
• Able to present research methodologies and findings
• Demonstrate ability to collaborate effectively across internal teams
• Familiarity with US video programs (TV shows and Movies) and talent (actress/actor/comedian, etc.)
• Demonstrable track record of dealing well with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering results in a dynamic environment
• Combination of deep technical skills and business savvy enough to interface with all levels and disciplines within Amazon Studios
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively across internal teams
• Creative thinker who is not satisfied maintaining the status quo
• Exhibit strong presentation skills showing confidence and expertise in delivering research insights
• Experience with applied statistics, predictive analytics, and mixed methodology research
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills to convey key insights from analysis
• Experience with various statistical techniques (regression analysis, coefficient correlation)
• Familiarity with US video programs (TV shows and Movies) and talent (actress/actor/comedian, etc.); being an enthusiastic video entertainment fan
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.