Development Executive Unscripted
Are you interested in shaping the future of movies and television?
Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching? Prime Video is one of the leading digital video services on the Internet today, and we're just getting started changing the way millions of people around the world enjoy content. Now available in more than 240 countries and territories, Prime Video offers customers the broadest selection of any on-demand video service, including our critically-acclaimed Amazon Originals Series such as the multi-award-winning The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan, The Boys; UK-produced hit Amazon Original series like Good Omens, The Grand Tour, All or Nothing: Manchester City and forthcoming drama series The Power; exclusive TV shows like Star Trek: Picard, American Gods and Vikings; and movies like Late Night and Get Duked, plus live sport including ATP and WTA Tour and US Open Tennis and Premier League football.
We are currently seeking an experienced Creative Development Executive within the Original Movies and Scripted team. You will aid the team in the creative aspect of a film's production and scripted production, and act as the crucial link between the production, technical and creative teams. You will use your excellent communication and written skills to creatively translate the film's written script into actual images and sounds on the screen - you must visualize and define the style and structure of the film, then act as both a storyteller and team leader to bring this vision to reality.
In this role you will be able to leverage your extensive understanding of the entire filmmaking process, from both technical and creative points of view. Having comprehensive experience within the feature film industry, from both development and production will allow for great collaboration with both authors/writers and artists to develop a successful slate of Movies and scripted shows.
• Development tracking as well as providing notes on submitted scripts, pitches, treatments, and cuts.
• Coordinating and interfacing with other departments including but not limited to: marketing, business affairs, legal, PR, creative, production, and post-production teams.
• Interfacing with all levels of Amazon Studios employees as well assist in communication with external stakeholders and the creative community on a daily basis.
• Conducting research as needed and maintain general tracking of industry players, overall deals, trends and the competitive landscape.
• Sourcing and support of creative projects
• Be the main point of contact for production companies on creatives and production matters
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
• Multiple years of film development experience at an executive level
• Track record of feature films being produced
• Experience in literature and a successful track record delivering novels into full length feature films
• Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills in both Italian and English.
• Multiple years of film or scripted development experience at an executive level
• Knowledge of industry talent and trends
• Have exceptional artistic vision and creative skills to develop an engaging and original film
• Broad network of writers, producers and artists
• Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Excellent story-telling skills
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify, and build.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use, and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Amazon Studios is the movies and television development and production arm of Amazon. It is our role to produce original content and license studio programs worldwide in exclusive service of Amazon's Prime Video customers. We need your passion, innovative ideas, and creativity to help take us to new heights.