Vice Media Group
London, United Kingdom
Are you interested in shaping the future of movies and television? Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching? Prime Video is one of the leading digital video services on the Internet today, and we're just getting started changing the way millions of people around the world enjoy content. Now available in more than 240 countries and territories, Prime Video offers customers the broadest selection of any on-demand video service, including our critically-acclaimed Amazon Originals Series such as the multi-award-winning The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan, The Boys; UK-produced hit Amazon Original series like Good Omens, The Grand Tour, All or Nothing: Manchester City and forthcoming drama series The Power; exclusive TV shows like Star Trek: Picard, American Gods and Vikings; and movies like Late Night and Get Duked, plus live sport including ATP and WTA Tour and US Open Tennis and Premier League football.
The creative business lead will lead on programs and initiatives that have pan-EU relevance and impact. In conjunction with our local territory leads and LA based Originals and planning teams this senior leader will work with our key internal and external stakeholders, with regards to: External Relations: In conjunction with our external facing teams (Creatives, Public Policy, PR, etc.), be the POC on behalf of EU Originals as it relates to all pan-European initiatives. (E.g., working with heads of territories and EU leads on AVMSD implementation, EU Originals external obligations, and industry regulating body matters that concern creative team)
Commercial Relations: enable us to scale with regards to our third party output and external partnerships (e.g., EU in-house development studio, creative EU Originals policies) Pan-EU Creative Business Initiatives: on behalf of the Head of EU Originals, work with the local territory heads on all pan-European creative initiatives to enable us to effectively scale and grow our best practices (e.g., scaling our step-up schemes, apprenticeship programs, creative approach to our first looks and overalls) Ad-hoc: take the lead ad-hoc critical projects, issues, and initiatives (e.g., studios tax entity migration, EU content charter implementation) Working hand in hand with the relevant local originals content stakeholders this executive will help further our ambitions in Europe, continuing efforts to localize best practice whilst always ensuring global scalability with the LA based local originals team.
We are looking for someone with excellent business acumen and working knowledge of the EU indie tv sector, with a background in deal making and handling regulatory issues pan EU.
• Experience working with other departments such as casting, production, research, PR, business and legal affairs
• Experience working as a producer, creative executive, or a similar role
• Strong track record of managing a creative team across multiple genres and territories.
• Extensive experience at establishing and delivering against departmental strategy and goals, within a creative organisation.
• Experience as an executive producer or commissioner of premium programming
• Exceptional influencing and negotiation skills
• Proven ability to operate in a highly competitive environment with strong communication and writing skills
• Extensive experience working across television at a Pan EU level
• Extensive experience managing high volumes of development and production Pan EU
• Experience in developing scripted and or unscripted television
• A track record of increasing and sustaining viewership within the linear / SVOD landscape
• A working understanding of the European regulatory landscape
• Familiarity with SVOD or OTT video services
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify, and build.
All offers are conditional on references, verification of the right to work in the UK, and a successful background screening check. This check will include previous employment verification, qualification verification (if relevant) and a basic criminal check. Further details of this policy and procedure will be sent to you along with your conditional offer.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use, and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gq5n8m-3-230-144-31-42 in your application.
Amazon Studios is the movies and television development and production arm of Amazon. It is our role to produce original content and license studio programs worldwide in exclusive service of Amazon's Prime Video customers. We need your passion, innovative ideas, and creativity to help take us to new heights.