Specialist, Content Operations
Are you interested in shaping the future of movies and television?
Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching? Prime Video is one of the leading digital video services on the Internet today, and we're just getting started changing the way millions of people enjoy content. Now available in more than 240 countries and territories, Prime Video offers customers the broadest selection of any on-demand video service, including our critically-acclaimed Amazon Originals such as the Emmy Award-winning comedies Fleabag and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan, The Boys, Mindy Kaling's Late Night, Donald Glover's Guava Island, the Academy Award-winning Manchester by the Sea, Academy Award-nominated The Big Sick, exclusives, and live concerts and sports.
The Amazon Studios Consumer Insights team is looking for an experienced Consumer Insights Manager to lead customer-focused primary research projects to inform Latin America content strategy. This role will part of the Global Consumer Insights team. You will utilize your experience in market research, direct project management to assist in conducting research in Latin American countries (esp Mexico and Brazil). You will work closely with Data Science, Development, Marketing and Finance teams, always making sure to represent the voice of our customers. The Consumer Insights Manager will sit in Miami with primary stakeholders in the US as well as Central and South America.
• Possess an understanding of viewing behavior and content trends across Latin America
• Demonstrate applied knowledge across the core phases of the market research cycle: awareness, targeting, acquisition and retention.
• Have experience setting research objectives, writing surveys, creating sound sampling and weighting schemes, and analyzing results.
• Identify appropriate methodologies based on business and research objectives
• Work closely with vendors to insure successful execution of research projects (domestic and global)
• Lead strategic research using primary, secondary and syndicated data sources.
• Have the ability to translate complex data sets into clear and compelling written narrative
• Exhibit strong presentation skills showing confidence and expertise in delivering research insights
• Accurately represent, and advocate for, the Prime Video customer in all analysis and meetings
• Take ownership of research studies end to end
• Experience building, executing and scaling cross-functional marketing programs from concept to completion
• 4+ years of professional non-internship marketing experience
• Experience using data and metrics to measure impact and determine improvements
• Experience using Microsoft Excel to manipulate and analyze data
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
• Fluent in Spanish
• 5+ years of professional experience in the market research field
• Fluency in Portuguese
• Experience with applied statistics, predictive analytics, and mixed methodology research
• Proven written and verbal communication skills to convey key insights from analysis
• Experience on the research vendor side or within the research group of a media company
• Understanding of the television programming landscape is a plus
• Experience leading different types of viewer studies such as episode testing, dial testing, concept testing, series maintenance
• Direct experience leading studies across with various methodologies: online quant surveys, focus groups, 1:1, ethnos, online qual, mobile
• Experience with various statistical techniques (regression analysis, coefficient correlation)
• Experience with Vision Critical's Sparq platform, Tableau, SPSS, Quanvert, R, Python is not required but a plus.
• Familiarity with Latin America video programs (TV shows and Movies) and talent (actresses/actors/comediennes, etc.); being an enthusiastic video entertainment fan
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Amazon Studios is the movies and television development and production arm of Amazon. It is our role to produce original content and license studio programs worldwide in exclusive service of Amazon's Prime Video customers. We need your passion, innovative ideas, and creativity to help take us to new heights.