Consumer Insights Manager
Mexico City, CDM
Research Analyst, Amazon Studios Consumer Insights
We hire the world's brightest minds, offering them an environment in which they can relentlessly innovate, experiment and drive solutions that will improve the customer experience. Amazon Studios has a culture of data-driven decision-making and demands insights and recommendations that are timely, accurate, and actionable.
The Amazon Studios Consumer Insights team is looking for a highly motivated Research Analyst to work on customer-focused primary research projects that will help inform Latin America content strategy. The successful candidate will have an understanding of market research principles and project management experience and a background in conducting research in Latin American countries (particularly Mexico). They will have great analytical abilities and proficient written and verbal communication skills. They will be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, able to think big (while paying careful attention to detail), and will enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic environment. They will work closely with Data Science, Development, Marketing and Finance teams, always making sure to represent the voice of our customers. The Research Analyst will sit in Mexico City with primary stakeholders in the US as well as Central and South America.
The ideal candidate will:
• Have experience writing surveys and analyzing results.
• Proactively seek improvements in our processes and methodologies
• Be comfortable tapping into third party syndicated data sets when necessary
• BS/BA or certificate of completion of studies required
• Fluent in Spanish and English
• 2+ years of professional experience in the market research field
• 2+ years experience in deploying, programming and/or writing surveys
• 2+ years proficiency using Microsoft Word and Excel
• Have the ability to translate complex data sets into clear and compelling written narratives
• Strong presentation skills specifically speaking about research methodologies and findings
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively across internal teams
• Understanding of basic statistics
• Experience on the research vendor side or within the research group of a media company
• Understanding of the television programming landscape is a plus
• Experience with Vision Critical's Sparq platform and Tableau
• Familiarity with US/Latin America series, films and Latin American talent (actor/actress/comedian, etc.)
• Meets/exceed Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Stay abreast of television and research industry news, trends and best practices