Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching? Prime Video is one of the leading digital video services on the Internet today, and we're just getting started changing the way millions of people enjoy content. Now available in more than 240 countries and territories, Prime Video offers customers the broadest selection of any on-demand video service, including our critically-acclaimed Amazon Originals such as the Emmy Award-winning comedies Fleabag and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan, The Boys, Mindy Kaling's Late Night, Donald Glover's Guava Island, the Academy Award-winning Manchester by the Sea, Academy Award-nominated The Big Sick, exclusives, and live concerts and sports.
Amazon Studios is seeking a Business Intelligence Engineer to drive customer insights for the Amazon Studios Programming and Audience Development team. As a Business Intelligence Engineer, you will generate insights that guide content programming and selection optimization and product development for our customers. You will be utilizing data to understand and improve the customer experience for Prime Video streamers. You should be curious and comfortable digging deep into data to understand consumption of content and programs, identifying insights that will enable us to expand the impact of our content for our audiences. Data analysis is at the core Amazon's culture, and your work will have a direct impact on decision making and strategy for our team. You will be gathering customer insights, mining data, building analytic tools and predictive models, making recommendations, and helping senior leaders make key business decisions. You will have the opportunity to work with one of the largest and most complex data warehouses in the world to gather insights using data from across Amazon.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter who is comfortable with ambiguity and large datasets. They will have strong attention to detail and an ability to work in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment. They will have strong SQL skills, experience with statistical analysis tools (Python, R, SAS), and the ability to clearly communicate and present information. They have outstanding technical skills, analytical capabilities, business insight, and communication skills, and maintains a strong passion for technology.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Apply data mining, quantitative analysis, qualitative research and statistical models to understand how our customers interact with our programming and identify the best way to optimize our selection
• Analyze historical and customer segmentation data to identify trends and insights
• Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing performance insights metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions
• Build scalable solutions and self-serve platforms that will provide insights that inform business decision making
• Build data visualizations to tell a story
• Enable effective decision making by retrieving and aggregating data from multiple sources and compiling it into a digestible and actionable format
• Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis including data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation
• Proactively develop new metrics and studies to quantify customer behavior and reduce customer churn in programming
• Interface directly with stakeholders, gathering requirements and owning automated end-to-end reporting solutions
• Bachelor's Degree
• Experience defining requirements and using data and metrics to draw business insights
• 3+ years relevant experience in financial/business analysis
• Experience making business recommendations and influencing stakeholders
• Experience with Microsoft Excel
• Experience in SQL
• Deep understanding of ETL is a must
• Proficiency in reporting tools such as Tableau
• Proven analytical and quantitative skills and an ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, develop business cases, influence business decisions, and complete root cause analyses
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to earn trust with internal partners
• Demonstrated customer obsession and the ability to work from the customer backwards
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Must be able and willing to think and act both strategically and tactically.
• Demonstrated ability for being detail-oriented, self-motivated and driving follow-through
• High business acumen and judgement
• Experience designing and analyzing customer-facing experiments (e.g. A/B testing)
• Excellence in technical communication and experience working directly with stakeholders
Los Angeles: Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6z19n-3-236-170-171-42 in your application.