We are looking for a Business Affairs Executive to join Amazon Studios Latam team. In this role, the Business Affairs Executive will provide deal-making services for the LATAM region.
The Business Affairs Executive will own the negotiation of writer, producer, cast, production company and other related deals and will work closely with the Latam creative team and the Amazon Studios legal affairs team to assist in finalizing agreements and dealing with production issues as they arise. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated ability to effectively negotiate and interact with agents and managers and be able to efficiently communicate status and tradeoffs with other members of the Amazon Studios team including Creative, Production, Marketing, Finance, and Legal, as well as Amazon executives outside of Amazon Studios.
A comprehensive working knowledge of television and film industry deal-making, any applicable local guild regulations, contracts and intellectual property rights (as applicable to the entertainment industry) is required, along with excellent negotiation, communication (written and verbal in both Spanish and/or Portuguese and English), and interpersonal skills.
Must be able to manage a varied, high-volume workload efficiently and smoothly, operate autonomously within corporate parameters, and remain cool and level-headed in pressurized situations. A successful candidate is expected to be able to work collaboratively with colleagues in this department and across the studio, build strong internal client relationships, effectively advise senior-level executives under time-sensitive conditions and generate client satisfaction through strategic thinking and risk analysis.
This role will be located in either Culver City, California or São Paulo/Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
• 4+ years experience working for a production company, studio, or television network
• 4+ years experience in negotiating deals in entertainment
• Bachelor Degree
• Fluent in Spanish and/or Portuguese and English
• 6+ years in entertainment deal making, representing or working for a major local production company, studio or network and/or representing local talent
• Deep understanding of Latam media business models and custom and practices in the Mexico and/or Brazil markets, with broader Latam experience a plus
• Ability to understand and devise new business models
• You must love content and be excited to work on our Spanish-language and Portuguese-language local originals
• Deep interest in technology and innovation
• You must be enthusiastic, enjoy working hard and getting things done, and demonstrate sound judgment and ability to make independent decisions even in ambiguous situations
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm51k3-18-204-227-34-42 in your application.