Amazon Studios Virtual Production (ASVP) is looking for an ASVP Network Engineer for our Unreal-based system. You will be going to work at the historic Culver Studios - where Gone with the Wind, King Kong, and ET were shot, to name a few. Come help move this rich tradition forward. You will interface with production to help filmmakers create Amazon Original Movies and Series for Prime Video. Our projects include critically acclaimed, award-winning originals like Fleabag, Sound Of Metal and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel and ground-breaking, popular series and movies like The Boys, Jack Ryan, Carnival Row, The Underground Railroad, One Night in Miami, and more. We want to make the filmmaking process as accessible and as powerful as possible so that filmmakers will love working here.
You will help setup and configure the networking infrastructure. You are responsible for network connectivity, security, maintenance, and optimization of the entire system. You will work with various Amazon teams to design, build, and maintain several systems. This requires you to manage and work with many different people from different departments. Working on-set, you must trouble-shoot quickly under the fast pace of live-action production. You will collaborate with incredibly talented engineers throughout the Amazon/AWS global network, developing next-generation filmmaking workflows and tools.
ASVP seeks to enhance every aspect of the filmmaking process. You must be a builder at heart and a collaborator in spirit. This position works with key creatives, production, and technology crews of Amazon/AWS. Join us at the beginning of our global Virtual Production project. We obsess over the filmmaker and the filmmaking process. Our goal is to streamline the traditional ways of filmmaking and invent new ways to use technology to enhance the art of storytelling. Help play a key role in innovating new ways to increase creativity in the production pipeline and maintain fidelity of the signal throughout the process.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Assist the ASVP Production Supervisor in building a robust infrastructure for managing the virtual production stage.
• Install, configure, and maintain network hardware and software including managing and monitoring network communication including video over IP traffic.
• Establishing and maintaining LAN infrastructure, cloud connectivity, and wireless network.
• Front-end management of the on-set Perforce server and the cloud Perforce server.
• Installing and maintaining firewalls including LAN and WAN security policies.
• Monitoring computer systems to improve workstation and network performance.
• Assist with DAM software security, user accessibility, and on-set efficiency.
• Contribute to the development of custom pipelines for projects with specific creative and/or technological needs (including new technology) in collaboration with Amazon's engineering teams and existing, turn-key solutions.
• Manage department schedule, resourcing, and systems validation.
• Assist in software installation, maintenance, and security of VP workstations.
• Manage data collection, analysis, and reporting of networking utilization to ASVP Production Supervisor.
• Highly computer literate with Windows and Linux/Mac Operating systems
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field.
• 2+ years experience in a network administration role.
• Experience with production networks in a high performance LAN and WAN environment.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and diplomacy skills, especially under pressure in a production shooting environment.
• Advanced knowledge of administering, operating, and maintaining Perforce server.
• Knowledge of Unreal Engine and be familiar with similar real-time platform such as Disguise/Notch.
• Experience with video over IP devices and real-time protocols.
• Ability to install and support LANs, WANs, network segments, Internet, and intranet systems.
• Ability to maintain computer networks and systems including software, VPNs, routers and other physical hardware
• Good understanding of a variety of concepts, practices, and procedures used in VFX, live-action film production, and the game industry
• Detail oriented, highly organized and be able to handle a variety of tasks in an efficient manner.
• Willingness to train users on security protocols and system on-boarding.
• Fixing software and hardware configuration issues for users on-demand.
• Highly organized, detail-oriented, and have the ability to efficiently multi-task
• Experience on-set shooting, live television, and/or film.
• Preferably a builder, self-starter, curious, deep diver, big thinker, honest, resourceful, inventor, story-teller, have a tremendous bias for action, and work well in a small, multi-disciplinary, specialized team.
Our inclusive culture empowers Amazonians to deliver the best results for our customers. We not only celebrate the diversity of our workforce, we celebrate the diverse ways we work. If you have a disability and need an accommodation, such as an ASL interpreter or a different interview format, let us know. Contact us at 888-435-9287, Monday through Friday 6 a.m. to 4 p.m., Pacific Time. For further options for individuals with disabilities, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpx8p9-3-238-232-88-42 in your application.