Are you excited about helping your teammates deliver high quality experiences? Are you driven to build streamlined and efficient work streams? Do you want to grow your skills of enabling and improving process within a rapidly-growing, fast-paced team? If so, Amazon Music Product Design is seeking a talented, passionate Senior UX Program Manager to drive DesignOps rigor within our team. You will help us as we design app and voice features across mobile, desktop, FireTV, and Alexa; build design systems and high fidelity prototypes; and work horizontally across multiple product teams to ensure the best possible Music experiences.
Key job responsibilities
Your key job responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
* Partner closely with designers, leads, and managers to advocate for user centered design
* Create and manage team backlogs, communicate status, and coordinate reviews with stakeholders and senior management
* Work proactively to clarify requirements and use cases, actively seeking clarification when there is ambiguity
* Identify risks and escalation points, remove obstacles, and anticipate potential bottlenecks while acting as a bridge to partner teams
* Work across teams to create strong relationships and promote transparency with stakeholders and senior leadership teams
* Seek opportunities to make improvements to team efficiency and process.
A day in the life
Working collaboratively with designers, engineers, product management, and other program managers, you will shephard projects throughout the planning, design, and development lifecycle. You will be an essential partner in managing timelines, deliverables and priorities for our Designers. You should delight in streamlining and optimizing communications, organization, and collaboration within your team and with external stakeholders. You should possess excellent communication, organization and collaboration skills, and have a persistent, confident, and positive attitude that encourages others to complete tasks, do their best, and work together well.
About the team
The Product Design Program Management team is embedded within Amazon Music Product Design, focusing on design operational excellence across all product verticals within the org. The team establishes the end-to-end workflow and SOPs for creative collaboration with all product, engineering, and our partner design teams. We earn trust with all partners, bias for action when working within tight parameters, and using sound judgment to make decisions in areas of ambiguity or uncharted territories. We ensure that Product Designers are able to focus on their work rather than operations.
Our team is focused on balancing life with our work, and we do this via work autonomy and by putting focus on prioritizing solutions and processes that enable us to scale. While there may be an opportunity to work from an office (location dependent), working remotely is supported, and often times encouraged. Work hours are flexible and typically self-defined.
This role may be based in Culver City, Seattle, Atlanta, or Brooklyn or there is a possibility of being virtual within the United States.
* Self-starter that can operate efficiently within ambiguous situations and complexity
* 2+ years of experience as a producer, program manager or similar role with interactive/ad agencies, design studios, production or Internet companies
* A degree in program management or equivalent experience
* Demonstrated experience with in-house or third-party project management and/or ticketing systems
* Strong problem solving, issue-resolution, ability to work in a tight deadline-driven work environment, attention to detail, and ability to work on different projects simultaneously
* Demonstrated ability to communicate and collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams
* Proven ability to work cross-team and synthesize feedback and input from creative and product stakeholders
* Basic knowledge of design tools such as Sketch or Figma
* Demonstrated competency in cross-cultural communication and program building
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $137,800 - 186,400 year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4z4wy-3-229-124-74-42 in your application.