Principal Product Manager - Tech, Creator Experience, Amp
We are seeking a Senior Technical Program Manager to join our International Product team in Amazon Music. Our team is responsible for the end-to-end journey of our international customers in Europe, Latin America and Middle East across Amazon Music platforms, including visual applications and Amazon Music on Alexa. This is an opportunity to provide leadership and drive programs to build an innovative music search experience impacting millions of Amazon Music customers globally.
About Amazon Music
Key job responsibilities
• Drive implementation and delivery of international product initiatives
• Collaborate with agile engineering, product, and design teams to coordinate, influence, and deliver a daring roadmap
• Understand service interdependencies and lead cross-functional teams towards technical solutions for multi-tiered systems
• Clarify, prioritize, and drive project commitments as well as establish and maintain clear chains of accountability
• Articulate program goals, desired outcomes, risks/issues and mitigation plans clearly
• Support and enhance existing products with thoughtful and measurable impact
A day in the life
As a Senior Technical Program Manager, you will have the opportunity to work closely with product, design, software development and platform teams to implement strategy and execution. You will collaborate with the product teams to deliver the best solutions with efficient use of resources and technologies. You will build mechanisms to facilitate cross-team and cross-org execution and manage dependencies. You will also assess risks, anticipate bottlenecks, make tradeoffs, balance the business needs versus technical constraints and inspire risk-taking behavior to maximize business benefit. If you enjoy solving problems in a dynamic environment and influencing business and technical leaders with your creative solutions, we want to talk to you!
• 5+ years of technical program management experience working directly with software engineering teams
• Experience managing cross-functional programs and release schedules
• Experience building and evaluating system-level technical design
• Experience developing and executing/delivering product and technical roadmaps
• Experience building and launching consumer software products for web, mobile, voice or desktop platform
• Prior experience with agile methodologies
• Ability to handle multiple priorities in an energizing environment
• Track record of working with and influencing stakeholders in an international and remote environment
• Customer relationship skills including the ability to discover true requirements, underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet bold timelines with optimal solutions
• A deep understanding of the SDLC and consistent record of achieving program objectives on schedule, on budget and meeting quality criteria
• Experience defining, driving adoption of, and iterating on processes to improve coordination, speed, and quality of execution
• A sense of ownership and accountability for program success.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gk9mok-44-192-65-228-42 in your application.
Amazon Music reimagines music listening by enabling customers to unlock millions of songs, podcast episodes, and thousands of curated playlists and stations with their voice. Amazon Music provides unlimited access to new releases and classic hits across iOS and Android mobile devices, PC, Mac, Echo, and Alexa-enabled devices including Fire TV and more. With Amazon Music, Prime members have access to ad-free listening of 2 million songs at no additional cost to their membership. Listeners can also enjoy the premium subscription service, Amazon Music Unlimited, which provides access to more than 75 million songs and the latest new releases. Amazon Music Unlimited customers also now have access to the highest-quality listening experience available, with more than 75 million songs available in High Definition (HD), more than 7 million songs in Ultra HD, and a growing catalog of spatial audio. Customers also have free access to an ad-supported selection of top playlists and stations on Amazon Music. All Amazon Music tiers now offer a wide selection of podcasts at no additional cost, and live streaming in partnership with Twitch. Engaging with music and culture has never been more natural, simple, and fun. For more information, visit amazonmusic.com or download the Amazon Music app.