Amazon Music, part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies, is looking for a talented Technical Program Manager to join us in revolutionizing the music experience on our retail shopping marketplaces. You will be part of the journey to bring digital and physical music fans together to discover and seamlessly navigate across the full category of music offerings, and drive the growth flywheel for Amazon Music.
Imagine being a part of an agile team where your ideas have the potential to reach millions. Picture working on cutting-edge consumer-facing products, where every single team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process. Envision being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-500 company within the atmosphere of a start-up. Welcome to Amazon Music, where ideas are born and come to life as Amazon Music Unlimited, Prime Music, Music Experience on Retail and so much more.
Everyone on our team has a meaningful impact on product features, new directions in music streaming, and customer engagement. We are looking for new team members across a variety of job functions including software engineering/development, marketing, design, ops and more. Come join us as we make history by launching exciting new projects in the coming year.
Our team is focused on building a personalized, curated, and seamless music experience. We want to help our customers discover up-and-coming artists, while also having access to their favorite established musicians, and their merchandize. We build systems that are distributed on a large scale, spanning our music apps, web player, and voice-forward audio engagement on mobile and Amazon Echo devices, powered by Alexa to support our customer base. Amazon Music offerings are available in countries around the world, and our applications support our mission of delivering music to customers in new and exciting ways that enhance their day-to-day lives.
Come innovate with the Amazon Music team!
As a Sr Technical Program Manager (TPM) at Amazon Music, you will have the opportunity to work closely with product, design, software development and platform teams to implement strategy and execution. You will collaborate with the product teams to deliver the best solutions with efficient use of resources and technologies. You will make strong business cases for project prioritization and investment. You will also assess risks, anticipate bottlenecks, make tradeoffs, balance the business needs versus technical constraints and inspire risk-taking behavior to maximize business benefit. If you enjoy solving problems in a dynamic environment and influencing business and technical leaders with your creative solutions, we want to talk to you!
You possess a deep understanding of product design and implementation details and will successfully represent the technical team to leadership and partners. Your technical expertise and operational excellence will influence the team's decisions and drive secure and robust solutions. You should not only be passionate about delivering great music experience, but should also be obsessed with driving continuous process improvements to optimize product delivery.
• Drive implementation and delivery of Music initiatives.
• Lead agile engineering and design teams to coordinate, prioritize and deliver to a daring roadmap
• Understand service inter-dependencies and lead cross-functional teams towards technical solutions for multi-tiered systems
• Clarify, prioritize and drive project commitments as well as establish and maintain clear chains of accountability
• Articulate program goals, desired outcomes, risks/issues and mitigation plan clearly
• Support and enhance existing products with thoughtful and measurable impact
• Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
• 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
• 5+ years of technical program management experience
• Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or a related technical field
• 12+ years' experience with complex technology projects involving data analysis, software engineering and program management
• Prior experience with agile methodologies
• Experience with project delivery for large, cross functional projects
• Experience developing Internet products and technologies
• Experience building and launching consumer software products for web, mobile or desktop platforms
• Ability to handle multiple priorities in an energizing environment
• Customer relationship skills including the ability to discover true requirements, underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet bold timelines with optimal solutions
• A deep understanding of the SDLC and consistent record of achieving program objectives on schedule, on budget and meeting quality criteria
• Strong sense of ownership and accountability for program success.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm3em2-100-24-118-144-42 in your application.