Data Scientist - Forecasting
San Francisco, CA
This position can be based in San Francisco, CA, Culver City, CA, or Seattle, WA.
Love music? Want to build consumer-facing voice products that touch the lives of millions of people? Combine your passions and come reinvent audio entertainment with us! We're working hard, having fun, and making history here at Amazon Music.
About Amazon Music
• 2+ years of experience with end to end product delivery
• 5+ years of technical product management, program management or engineering experience
• Bachelor's Degree
• Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
• Experience owning roadmap strategy and definition
• Experience owning feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
• 3+ years consumer product management experience
• Track record of achievements. You have shipped multiple products that successfully boosted active user numbers in a sustainable way
• Experience working on agile enabled teams
• Bachelor's degree
• Strong bias towards data-based decision making
• Detail oriented to dive deep into all the data quality and process inefficiency problems.
• Demonstrated experience in driving process and tool improvements
• Balance Bias for Action and Insists on the highest standards as you'll be dealing with issues that are high velocity and highly visible to leadership
• Proven ability to understand complex business problems, apply strong analytical skill and create an effective strategy
• Technical fluency; ability to understand and discuss architectural concepts, schedule tradeoffs and new opportunities with technical team members
• Nimbleness and comfort with ambiguity; ability to respond rapidly to evolving challenges and opportunities
• Experience influencing small to medium sized teams indirectly within and outside immediate organization
• Passionate about music. We obsess over and build products that we want to use ourselves.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gk9m70-44-192-65-228-42 in your application.
Amazon Music reimagines music listening by enabling customers to unlock millions of songs and thousands of curated playlists and stations with their voice. Amazon Music provides unlimited access to new releases and classic hits across iOS and Android mobile devices, PC, Mac, Echo, and Alexa-enabled devices including Fire TV and more. With Amazon Music, Prime members have access to ad-free listening of 2 million songs at no additional cost to their membership. Listeners can also enjoy the premium subscription service, Amazon Music Unlimited, which provides access to more than 75 million songs and the latest new releases. Amazon Music Unlimited customers also now have access to the highest-quality listening experience available, with more than 75 million songs available in High Definition (HD), more than 7 million songs in Ultra HD, and a growing catalog of spatial audio. Customers also have free access to an ad-supported selection of top playlists and stations on Amazon Music. All Amazon Music tiers now offer a wide selection of podcasts at no additional cost, and live streaming in partnership with Twitch. Engaging with music and culture has never been more natural, simple, and fun. For more information, visit amazonmusic.com or download the Amazon Music app.