Growth & Lifecycle Marketing Manager
Mexico City, CDM
Amazon Music is seeking a Senior Podcast Manager to lead our expansion of podcast activity across content operations, programming, editorial, and partner management in México.
Key job responsibilities
• Mainly responsible for securing growth of Podcast Listeners and the Podcast Business in MX.
• Knowledge and relationship with content creators, media partners and producers in the country.
• Effectively allocate resources and lead strategy to ensure business growth.
• Build and execute tailored Editorial and Programming initiatives that engage with customers and drive acquisition.
• Effectively manage relations with industry stakeholders to position our brand.
• Be at the forefront of trends and new opportunities in the Podcast market in the country.
• Collaborate with Content teams to build local Content strategy.
A day in the life
The Senior Podcast Manager works daily with teammates and partners across Content, Podcasts, Marketing, Content Acquisitions, Dev, and Social, as well as with key team leaders to collaborate on vision and strategy, to secure listener growth and achieve the goals our podcasts business. You will need to possess an entrepreneurial ability to try new and different things with minimal direction. An inclination to roll up your sleeves and solve problems. Doing whatever is needed to get the job done is essential. As our lead for Mexico, you will directly impact the way both listeners and creators in the country.
About the team
Our team is focused on building a personalized, curated, and seamless audio-first experience. We want to help our customers discover up-and-coming artists, while also having access to their favorite established creators. We build systems that are distributed on a large scale, spanning our music apps, web player, and voice-forward audio engagement on mobile and Amazon Echo devices, powered by Alexa to support our customer base. Amazon Music offerings are available in countries around the world, and our applications support our mission of delivering audio entertainment to customers in new and exciting ways that enhance their day-to-day lives.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• 5+ years of professional podcast or audio experience.
• Proficient knowledge and understanding of the Mexican podcast market or audio industry, ideally with focus on editorial, curation, or marketing.
• High degree of agility using content management systems, and technical or operational experience working with RSS feeds and content catalogues; tooling development experience a plus.
• Demonstrated experience working in cross-cultural and international environments across time zones.
• Ability to manage multiple simultaneous deadlines and work streams to execute high-quality deliverables.
• Comfort with navigating ambiguity and operating in a fast-paced, start-up environment where managers are owners wear multiple hats.
• Passion for building and nurturing strong relationships with existing and new partners.
• Fluency within English and Spanish. Superior oral and written communication skills with an innate attention to detail.
• Podcast production experience.
• Passion for internationalization.
• Previous experience with editorial and programming tools.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g34ep4-44-192-65-228-42 in your application.
Amazon Music reimagines music listening by enabling customers to unlock millions of songs, podcast episodes, and thousands of curated playlists and stations with their voice. Amazon Music provides unlimited access to new releases and classic hits across iOS and Android mobile devices, PC, Mac, Echo, and Alexa-enabled devices including Fire TV and more. With Amazon Music, Prime members have access to ad-free listening of 2 million songs at no additional cost to their membership. Listeners can also enjoy the premium subscription service, Amazon Music Unlimited, which provides access to more than 75 million songs and the latest new releases. Amazon Music Unlimited customers also now have access to the highest-quality listening experience available, with more than 75 million songs available in High Definition (HD), more than 7 million songs in Ultra HD, and a growing catalog of spatial audio. Customers also have free access to an ad-supported selection of top playlists and stations on Amazon Music. All Amazon Music tiers now offer a wide selection of podcasts at no additional cost, and live streaming in partnership with Twitch. Engaging with music and culture has never been more natural, simple, and fun. For more information, visit amazonmusic.com or download the Amazon Music app.