Regional Commercial Lead
Mexico City, CDM
We are seeking a Podcast Manager to lead our expansion into Podcasts across editorial, partner management, content operations and innovation in Argentina.
Are you an experienced podcast professional or an expert with a background in digital entertainment - like film, radio or similar creative background? Do you have a strong track record in working with content and partners to deliver an exceptional customer experience? We'd love to talk to you!
Amazon Music is seeking a Senior Podcast Manager in Argentina to work closely with teammates and partners across Podcasts, Marketing, Content, Product, and Social, as well as with key team leaders - to collaborate on the local vision, strategy, and goals for our podcast business. If you have an entrepreneurial ability to try new and different things, This role would allow you to expand Amazon Music's podcasts footprint in Argentina. An inclination to roll up your sleeves and solve problems-doing whatever is needed to get the job done-is essential. As the leading person for podcasts in Argentina, you will directly impact the way both Amazon listeners and creators in Argentina - and around the world - experience podcasts.
Locations: This person can sit in either Mexico City, Mexico or Buenos Aires, Argentina
Key job responsibilities
• Manage the implementation of Amazon Music's growth strategy with respect to Podcast Listeners and the Podcast Business in Argentina.
• Programming: Build a long-term podcast content calendar for Argentina. Work collaboratively with marketing and channel teams to curate podcasts in-app and in other placements across Amazon and Amazon Music. Act as a trusted editorial voice on podcasts in Argentina and to the wider Amazon Music business.
• Partner Ambassador: As the day-to-day point of contact for Amazon Music in Argentina, this role helps foster relationships with existing and new publishers, podcasters, hosting providers, and other major stakeholders within the podcasting supply chain. Provide white-glove support to partners both 1:1 and at scale.
• Outreach and Brand: Act as a podcast evangelist for Amazon Music in Argentina to grow local awareness both among podcast listeners and within the industry by describing the benefits of our platform and our brand to optimize outreach, seek opportunities to grow awareness of Amazon Music's podcast offering.
• Content Operations: Guide and assist podcasters, publishers, and hosting providers with integration into our systems. Deliver excellent customer service, troubleshoot issues, and work with the development team to improve podcast-facing tooling.
A day in the life
The Senior Podcast Manager works daily with teammates and partners across Content, Podcasts, Marketing, Content Acquisitions, Dev, and Social, as well as with key team leaders to collaborate on to achieve the goals our podcasts business. You will need to possess an entrepreneurial ability to try new and different things and an inclination to roll up your sleeves and solve problems. Doing whatever is needed to get the job done is essential.
About the team
This role sits within the LATAM team. The team looks after all things podcast related across the region.
• Experience in podcast, audio or other comparable industries.
• Proficient knowledge and understanding of the Argentinian market, ideally with focus on editorial, curation, or marketing in the podcasts, audio or other comparable industries.
• High degree of agility using content management systems, and technical or operational experience working with RSS feeds and content catalogues; tooling development experience a plus.
• Ability to manage multiple simultaneous deadlines and work streams to execute high-quality deliverables.
• Experience in building and nurturing relationships with existing and new partners.
• Fluency in both English and Spanish. Excellent oral and written communication skills with an innate attention to detail.
• Experience with navigating ambiguity and operating in a fast-paced, start-up environment where managers are owners and have multiple roles.
• Experience working in cross-cultural and international environments across time zones.
• Previous experience working in an Agile environment or relevant training.
• Experience in developing tools is a plus (content catalogues, content management systems, etc.)
• Podcast production experience.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-roj6x2-35-168-110-128-42 in your application.
Amazon Music reimagines music listening by enabling customers to unlock millions of songs, podcast episodes, and thousands of curated playlists and stations with their voice. Amazon Music provides unlimited access to new releases and classic hits across iOS and Android mobile devices, PC, Mac, Echo, and Alexa-enabled devices including Fire TV and more. With Amazon Music, Prime members have access to ad-free listening of 2 million songs at no additional cost to their membership. Listeners can also enjoy the premium subscription service, Amazon Music Unlimited, which provides access to more than 75 million songs and the latest new releases. Amazon Music Unlimited customers also now have access to the highest-quality listening experience available, with more than 75 million songs available in High Definition (HD), more than 7 million songs in Ultra HD, and a growing catalog of spatial audio. Customers also have free access to an ad-supported selection of top playlists and stations on Amazon Music. All Amazon Music tiers now offer a wide selection of podcasts at no additional cost, and live streaming in partnership with Twitch. Engaging with music and culture has never been more natural, simple, and fun. For more information, visit amazonmusic.com or download the Amazon Music app.