Want to build the future of live audio? Join Amazon's newest mobile app, Amp, where anyone can host live radio shows with the music they love. Currently in beta in the US, Amp's evolving how people discover and share music. Create a show, call-in, or bop along to some tunes – no subscription, additional hardware, or editing needed.
As part of an agile team, you will be working in a startup atmosphere while being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-500 company. Amp is on the bleeding-edge of consumer-facing products, where every team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process. We build systems that will be distributed around the world, spanning mobile apps and voice-forward experiences on Amazon Echo devices, powered by Alexa. Amp products support our mission of delivering audio entertainment in new and exciting ways that creators and listeners will love.
The Amp team is looking for team members across a variety of functions, including software engineering/development, product, marketing, design, and more. Come make history, as we expand and launch Amp for millions of listeners.
We're excited to invite you to join Amp's beta today! Download the iOS app and use our special access code ''BuildAmp'' to get started. Follow us @onamp_ on Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok for more.
The Amp team seeks a self-driven QA leader with strong communication skills and a passion for quality assurance.
About the team
We are a dynamic team in startup mode developing a new product in the industry - iterating and learning as we grow.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
• 15+ years of industry experience
• 10+ years of hands-on testing experience
• 7+ years of experience as a manager of a quality assurance team
• Experience in test automation
• Experience testing embedded systems and/or mobile consumer electronics devices
• Experience with standard QA and development tools
• Understanding of QA tool development chains and environments
• A deep understanding of software development in a team, agile methodologies, and a track record of shipping software on time
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development lifecycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Deep hands-on technical expertise in service-oriented architecture
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong business and technical vision
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Exceptional customer relationship skills, including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Experience delivering and operating large scale, highly available distributed systems
• Strong understanding of system performance and scaling
• Experience providing high-performing, developer-centric tools and frameworks
• Master's or PhD in computer science, preferred
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-re54y2-3-236-225-157-42 in your application.