We're looking for an analytical Sr. Content Acquisition Lead to join our team in New York or LA, supporting team members across the US and EU. The position will lead and support global licensing negotiations and strategy, including driving complex models to forecast business metrics with Finance, evaluating the impacts of negotiated royalty structures and proactively performing analytic deep dives across a variety of key performance indicators.
The Sr. Content Acquisition Lead will have 7+ years of work experience in a content acquisition, business analyst, financial, or related analytics-focused role.
**Position can be based in our Amazon Music office in Brooklyn, NY or Culver City, CA.**
Key job responsibilities
• Develop and maintaining strong relationships with key record labels
• Negotiate license agreements to secure all necessary rights from record labels, and expand existing agreements as needed
• Collaborate with Finance to perform analysis to quantify the impact of royalty models, and other terms that are negotiated with record labels globally
• Collaborate with the legal team to review contractual terms and conditions relating to licensing agreements
• Partner with internal Finance/Content Analytics teams to help continuously improve the internal tools, processes and models that are used to evaluate our deal terms across service tiers and territories
• Audit business metrics, perform deep dive analysis on problems to understand root causes and making decisions based on data
• Monitor the competitive landscape to help inform Amazon Music's strategic priorities and expansion opportunities
• 7+ years of experience in an account management, licensing or business development role
• Experience using Excel
• Analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions
• Ability to develop ideas independently and thrive in a fast-paced environment
• Experience with Tableau and Excel
• BA/BS Required
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Bias for action; ability to juggle multiple priorities and create a sense of urgency in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Excellent business judgment and demonstrated ability to think and act both strategically and tactically
• Self-starter who is customer obsessed, detail-oriented, and an enthusiastic team player
• Nimbleness and comfort with ambiguity; ability to respond rapidly to evolving threats and opportunities
• Experience in writing detailed, and data-supported documents
• Understanding of digital music services and business models
• MBA or JD degree
For all jobs located within the city limits of Los Angeles, the job posting must include the tagline listed below:
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d52o77-35-175-107-185-42 in your application.