This role can be based in either of our Culver City-CA, San Francisco-CA, Seattle-WA, Atlanta-GA, or NYC-NY Amazon Music offices.
About Amazon Music
The Amazon Music team is looking for a Senior Paid Marketing Manager to lead paid media across both ROI efficient and mid-funnel marketing campaigns targeting key audiences and genres (including Hispanic and HipHop). They will serve as the paid media generalist on the Audience Development team and develop cross-channel paid media campaigns (paid social media, display, MAI, SEM) either individually or working in collaboration with central paid media teams. They will create audience growth strategies supported by paid media plans. They will work closely with Prime Video, Twitch and Industry teams to contribute to consolidated annual and quarterly plans (OP1, OP2, QBRs) for these programs. They will also work closely with HipHop and Latin/Hispanic leads, artist relations, artist marketing and programing. They will develop new creative campaigns, test aggressively, and scale initiatives.
The ideal candidate will have diverse paid media experience leading efforts for consumer facing technology products/services. You will need to prioritize effectively in a fast-moving and ever-changing environment, communicating clearly and persuasively. You will think and act both strategically and tactically: from strategic planning to detailed execution. You will quickly form data-driven plans and execute across many channels simultaneously. This is a visible position that will interact at all levels of the company. We are looking for a relentless, customer-obsessed, and business-minded marketer with a penchant for invention, connecting with customers and delivering results.
Key job responsibilities
• Test and scale ROI efficient and mid-funnel paid media campaigns targeting emerging audiences, genres, livestream events and artist-fan programs
• Act as a paid media generalist for Audience Development team, testing and scaling campaigns across multiple paid media channels like paid social media, video and display and coordinating larger-scale SEM, MAI and Direct Mail tests with cross-functional colleagues on central paid media team.
• Develop annual and quarterly marketing paid media plans, playbooks and campaigns for emerging audiences; focusing on growth experimentation to drive audience acquisition, first actions and MAU metrics.
• Develop and document key playbooks, learnings, best practices and strategies to inform new programs
• Establish KPI and LTV metrics for emerging audience listeners, in order to drive topline audience growth (MAU, first streams, livestreams and sign-ups)
• Drive paid media experiments, acquisition, funnel optimization and testing plans to drive scalable results
• Ensure audience development requirements are included in martech stack, machine Learning and personalization initiatives
• Leverage data to analyze and optimize programs
• Excellent analytical approach to identifying total addressable audience (TAM) and segmentation approach across key genres, audiences and segments
• Own key business metrics, support in-depth business reviews and present to senior executives
• Develop and test paid media partnerships across Prime Video, Twitch and Amazon teams to launch innovative growth campaigns, which drive cultural conversations and topline growth
• BA/BS, or equivalent work experience
• 8+ years of digital marketing experience
• 5+ years of direct management of some or all of the following: paid media (social, display, MAI, SEM), brand, growth marketing, mobile app marketing (iOS and Android), partnership marketing, funnel optimization, creative development and/or e-commerce
• Excellent knowledge of the music industry and music culture
• Ability to easily transition from high level strategic thinking to detailed execution
• Excellent communication skills to drive recommendations, articulate tradeoffs, and communicate plans to leadership
• Ability to lead cross-functional projects across industry, product, engineering, BI teams and global marketing stakeholders
• 2+ years of experience marketing digital consumer products, subscription and/or entertainment services
• 2+ years of mobile experience with consumer technology product or service
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-ro9yw1-3-238-24-209-42 in your application.