Do you have a passion for music and podcasts? Do you want to take an active role in shaping the future of Amazon Music on Amazon?
Amazon Music Trust and Safety is looking for RiskOps Specialists. You will be responsible for moderating content accross Amaon Music as well as reviewing moderation decisions for quality. You will work with a cross-functional team that includes Product, PR, Engineering and executive leadership.
The successful candidate will be expected to have high judgment and enjoy working in an ambiguous space. This person will evaluate complaints with regards to violations which includes but are not limited to subjects such as hate speech, harassment and threats of violence. They could also be required to review decisions for quality control. They will drive root cause analysis (RCA) for critical issues and leverage technology and innovation to bring continuous improvement to the operational processes. They will effectively prioritize work time to ensure productivity and satisfy team standards for time spent in order to consistently achieve service levels.
This person will be be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, and able to think big while paying careful attention to detail. The ideal candidate will be metrics-driven with strong ownership and focus, with ability to prioritize effectively, and communicate clearly and persuasively. They will assist in creating and redefining Standard Operational Procedures (SOP). The right candidate will be willing to review and evaluate content and content decisions that may be considered religiously sensitive, politically extreme or otherwise controversial or offensive. They will serve as a role model by displaying a positive work ethic, strong interpersonal skills, adherence to company policies and a commitment to excellent customer service.
Key job responsibilities
• Conduct manual reviews of potentially problematic content, and take necessary action to remove or suppress content which violates our policies.
• Carry out targeted deep dives to identify broader cohorts of risky content, and make recommendations on triage
• Where necessary, handle incident management in response to any escalations raised to the Trust and Safety team.
• Help develop and improve standard operating procedures for the team.
• Develop subject matter expertise in digital music and podcast content risk management industry best practice.
• Must be fluent in English and at least one (or more) of the following in written and verbal communication: German, French, Italian, Portuguese, Japanese
• A minimum of 2 years experience in digital policy or risk management with specific focus on content moderation and escalations management pertaining to moderation and controversial content.
• 3+ years of experience with Microsoft Office suite including MS Excel.
• Experience in content policy, or public policy, policy communications, compliance, or legal with an emphasis on the technology industry
• Exceptional bias for action – willing to move quickly and decisively to resolve an incident.
• Demonstrated problem solving in ambiguous situations
• Ability to think creatively and possess strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to drive and document new processes and simplify existing processes
• Ability to drive root cause analysis and identify corrective actions on escalations
• Bachelor's Degree or higher in relevant or related field (e.g., JD, Public Policy)
• Proficiency in additional languages (Spanish, German, French Portuguese, Italian, Japanese)
• Exceptional level of organization and attention to detail
• Experience using SQL/Intercom and Air table
• Comfortable handling a high volume of work on a daily basis
• Strong personal integrity
• Strong technical and analytical aptitude, including some knowledge of statistics
• Must be able to think creatively and possess strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Experience in digital media and knowledge of the publishing industry is a plus
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gk12o4-3-238-90-95-42 in your application.