This role can be based in New York, San Francisco, Seattle, Los Angeles or Atlanta.
About Amazon Music
The Data, Insights, Science and Optimization, Marketing & Growth (DISCO M&G) team is looking for a Principal Technical Program Manager to join a team of Product Managers, Data Scientists, Business Intelligence Engineers, Data Engineers who analyze big data, provide analytics and insights as well as build models and algorithms that power ''hands off the wheel'' (HOTW) marketing for personalized experiences. DISCO M&G team focuses on accelerating Amazon Music customer growth by empowering Marketing & Growth teams to make sound, customer-centric decisions through data and insights.
We build data pipelines, self-service analytics, insights and predictive models enabling acquisition, engagement and retention at scale with personalized customer touchpoints. In this role, you will lead planning and delivering of complex programs and collaborate with internal stakeholders across marketing, growth, product, science and finance teams to scale and advance our offerings.
The ideal candidate must be willing to effectively lead large scale science solutions, prioritize across multiple stakeholders and projects and be ready to jump into a fast-paced, dynamic and fun environment.
Key job responsibilities
• Lead planning and delivering of strategic programs across domains and analytics and science areas
• Partner with DISCO M&G leaders to develop technical program management strategy and practice
• Partner with program and product managers across teams in Music, Amazon entertainment and subscription businesses
• Connect our insights and learnings across stakeholders and organization to empower data driven decision making
• Architectural design or system design experience independent of an architect
• 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
• Experience managing programs across cross functional teams, building processes and coordinating release schedules
• Experience driving roadmap strategy and definition
• 7+ years of technical program management experience
• 5+ years of data analytics experience.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, review, build, and testing operations
• Demonstrated ability to successfully influence stakeholders without formal authority, leading cross functional teams across geographies and business units
• Excellent customer experience intuition; demonstrated success in creating innovative products and customer-facing features
• MBA or Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Management
• A passion for music!
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-ro9y33-44-201-94-72-42 in your application.