Full Time Job
Principal Product Manager-Tech
- Full Time
- Senior (5-10 years) Experience
Job DescriptionJob summary
Want to transform the way people enjoy music on Amazon Music apps and Echo devices? Come join the team that made Amazon Music Unlimited, HD, Prime Music, ads-supported free music and more available to millions of customers. Our team is looking for a visionary Principal Product Manager - Tech with experience and desire to innovate, design, build, and launch new strategic initiatives that will be available across all devices and support new media types. You will have enormous opportunity to impact the product strategy, customer experience, architecture, and implementation of a marquee business initiative in 2022 that will be used every day by people you know. In this role, you will be join a team that is responsible for the product launch and then post launch will own the end-to-end customer lifecycle with a focus on growing customer engagement, ramping listening hours, increasing consumption of more media types, and improving overall customer retention. We're looking for people who are passionate about innovating on behalf of customers, eager to lead and contribute to transformative launches, demonstrate a high degree of product ownership, and want to have fun while they make history. The role requires leaders with technical depth as well as strong hold on industry best practices.
Our team is focused on giving customers the best mixed media experience from music discovery to music videos and live streaming to podcasts. Our team builds systems that are distributed on a large scale, spanning our music apps, voice-forward audio engagement on mobile and Amazon Echo devices, powered by Alexa to support our customer base. Amazon Music offerings are available in countries around the world, and our applications support our mission of delivering music and more to customers in new and exciting ways that enhance their day-to-day lives.
About Amazon Music
• 8+ years of technical product management, program management or engineering experience
• 2+ years of experience with end to end product delivery
• Experience leading engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
• Experience owning roadmap strategy and definition
• Experience owning feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
• Bachelor's Degree
• Track record of achievements. You've shipped cool, customer-centric stuff that has moved the needle on key business & customer metrics.
• MBA or master's degree
• Excellent customer intuition: You obsess about customers and can translate customer needs into crisp, detailed product requirements.
• Comfortable with ambiguous problems: We are charting new territories and need someone who can help us find our way to a great customer experience
• Strong ownership and bias for action. One of your favorite things to do as a product manager is to launch, learn and iterate. You know what matters most to customers and can simplify product requirements to deliver benefits to customers quickly.
• Data-centric and analytical. You have experience using data and metrics to back up assumptions and assertions of business value and to develop your product strategy.
• Technical fluency; ability to understand and discuss architectural concepts, schedule tradeoffs and new opportunities with technical team members
• Strong collaboration skills. You have a proven ability to work across functions and across marketplaces to influence senior leaders. You quickly earn the trust of people you work with. People enjoy and have fun working with you.
Position can be Virtual or based in Seattle, WA, San Francisco, CA, Atlanta, GA, New York, NY, or Culver City, CA.
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $179,900 - 243,400/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. The base pay range for this position in New York City and Jersey City is $197,900 - $267,800/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on payment and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the New York City Human Rights Law. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-reqx08-44-192-38-248-42 in your application.
Find More Jobs Like This
Amazon Music reimagines music listening by enabling customers to unlock millions of songs, podcast episodes, and thousands of curated playlists and stations with their voice. Amazon Music provides unlimited access to new releases and classic hits across iOS and Android mobile devices, PC, Mac, Echo, and Alexa-enabled devices including Fire TV and more. With Amazon Music, Prime members have access to ad-free listening of 2 million songs at no additional cost to their membership. Listeners can also enjoy the premium subscription service, Amazon Music Unlimited, which provides access to more than 75 million songs and the latest new releases. Amazon Music Unlimited customers also now have access to the highest-quality listening experience available, with more than 75 million songs available in High Definition (HD), more than 7 million songs in Ultra HD, and a growing catalog of spatial audio. Customers also have free access to an ad-supported selection of top playlists and stations on Amazon Music. All Amazon Music tiers now offer a wide selection of podcasts at no additional cost, and live streaming in partnership with Twitch. Engaging with music and culture has never been more natural, simple, and fun. For more information, visit amazonmusic.com or download the Amazon Music app.