Imagine being a part of an agile team where your ideas have the potential to reach millions. Picture working on cutting-edge consumer-facing products, where every single team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process. Envision being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-500 company within the atmosphere of a start-up. Welcome to Amazon Music, where ideas are born and come to life as Amazon Music Unlimited, Prime Music, and so much more! In our teams, we focus on building a personalized, curated, and seamless music and podcasts experiences in countries around the world. Our applications support our mission of delivering music to customers in new and exciting ways that enhance their day-to-day lives.
We are seeking a Podcast Manager to support our expansion into Podcasts across editorial, content operations and innovation across MENA. As a Podcast Manager for the region you'll be responsible for supporting all things podcasts on Amazon Music. You'll work closely with teammates and partners across Podcasts, Marketing, Content, and Product, as well as with key team leaders - to support on the local insights and contribute to reaching goals for our podcast business. An inclination to roll up your sleeves and solve problems-doing whatever is needed to get the job done-is essential.
Key job responsibilities
• Programming: contribute to building a long-term podcast content calendar for MENA. Work collaboratively with marketing and channel teams to curate podcasts in-app and in other placements across Amazon and Amazon Music. Act as a trusted editorial voice on podcasts in the region and to the wider Amazon Music business.
• Partner Management: contribute to growing relationships with existing and new publishers, podcasters, hosting providers, and other stakeholders within the podcasting supply chain. Understanding new releases, highlighting these in our services, being able to answer any questions a partner might have on podcasts in MENA.
• Outreach and Brand: Act as a podcast evangelist for Amazon Music in MENA to support the growth of local awareness both among podcast listeners and within the industry. Articulate our platform and our brand to optimize outreach, seeking opportunities to grow awareness of Amazon Music's podcast offering.
• Content Operations: Guide and assist podcasters, publishers, and hosting providers with integration into our systems. Troubleshoot issues, and work with the development team to help improving podcaster-facing tooling.
About the team
• Experience in podcast, audio or other comparable industries
• Proficient knowledge and understanding of the MENA market segment, ideally with focus on editorial, curation, or marketing in the podcasts, audio or other comparable industries
• Experience using content management systems, and technical or operational experience working with RSS feeds and content catalogues
• Experience in building and nurturing relationships with existing and new partners
• Strong writing and communication skills in both English and Arabic
• Ability to manage multiple simultaneous deadlines and workstreams to execute high-quality deliverables
• Experience with navigating ambiguity and operating in a fast-paced, start-up environment where managers are owners and have multiple roles
• Experience working in cross-cultural and international environments across time zones
• Experience working in an Agile environment or relevant training
• Experience in developing tools is a plus (content catalogues, content management systems, etc.)
• Podcast production experience
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with an innate attention to detail
• Additional language skills
• Tooling development experience
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm35q3-3-238-90-95-42 in your application.