Manager, Account Management & Marketing
Remote / Virtual
Imagine being a part of an agile team where your ideas reach tens of millions of consumers worldwide. Picture working on cutting-edge consumer-facing products, where every single team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process. Envision being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-500 company within the atmosphere of a start-up. Welcome to Amazon Music, where ideas are born and come to life as Amazon Music Unlimited, Amazon Music Prime, Amazon Music Free and more. Everyone on our team has a meaningful impact on product features, new directions in streaming, and customer engagement.
We are looking for a creative, analytical, and results-oriented Head of Music for Canada. The role will be responsible for all aspects of the Amazon Music business in Canada, with direct ownership of Label Relations, Artist Relations (including Amazon Original content), Content Programming, Editorial and genre-specific initiatives. They will work closely with the Global Marketing team to develop and deliver a growth and marketing plan for Canada, with the aim of building Amazon Music's customer base. They are also responsible for delivering a culturally relevant, localized experience for music fans in Canada. This role will work with multiple teams across Amazon and Amazon Music influencing and leading partners to think big, invent and simplify, and deliver results.
We are seeking an experienced leader that has a proven track record mobilizing cross-functional teams, planning, and delivering results, plus a drive for testing, learning and making insight- and data-driven decisions. You will need to possess an entrepreneurial ability to try new and different things with minimal direction. Overall, you will be challenged to push boundaries, propose and execute new ideas and establish best practices for Amazon Music.
Key job responsibilities
• Accountable for Amazon Music customer growth in Canada, including shared ownership of Customer Acquisition and Engagement goals with the Global Marketing team
• Shared P&L ownership for Amazon Music in Canada. To include ownership of the P&L for Amazon Music Unlimited, Prime Music, Amazon Music's ad-supported tier
• Directly manage the Label Relations, Artist Relations, Content and Editorial budgets. Shared ownership of the Marketing budgets with the Head of Marketing. Demonstrated ability to maximize spend to achieve business goals
• Build and maintain senior level relationships across the Music Industry in Canada.
• Build and maintain senior level relationships with other Amazon teams. This role is expected to work closely with the Prime, Video, Audible, Devices and Physical Media teams, and retain close contact with the Canadian country manager
• Act as a PR spokesperson in Canada
• Hire and develop a high performing, diverse team
• Significant relevant work experience, ideally in music or other subscription services
• Bachelor's degree in business, technology, or relevant field of study
• Demonstrated experience in building and maintaining senior level contacts
• Broad commercial awareness developed in a fast-moving environment
• Excellent leadership and people development experience
• Ability to absorb and use data to drive fast accurate decisions for the customer
• Excellent communication and proven analytical skills
• Ability to manage time and juggle multiple priorities to execute high quality deliverables
• Demonstrated success in leading and managing a team
• Due to the nature of the role that requires interaction with other Amazon entities globally and with Amazon employees and stakeholders in other provinces in Canada, bilingualism French and English is preferred for this position
• Superior oral and written communication skills with an innate attention to detail.
• Experience of operating and collaborating in a fast-paced, cross-functional matrixed global organization
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxvqq4-18-207-157-152-42 in your application.