Open to hiring candidates living within 50 miles of Culver City -CA, Atlanta-GA, NYC - NY.
About Amazon Music
The Global Brand Marketing team within Amazon Music is looking for a driven and dynamic Head of Brand Portfolio Strategy. The Brand Marketing team works closely with senior leaders across Amazon, and has a high degree of visibility within the organization. The Brand Portfolio Strategy Lead will be an essential leader within the Brand team with broad analytical and strategic responsibilities. In this role, you will help to drive global brand portfolio strategy for Amazon Music by delivering best in class brand and campaign measurement, market segmentation, strategic guidance in order to deliver, scale and optimize brand marketing programs, audience growth, and initiatives throughout the globe, with a particular focus on Youth audiences. This individual will set the vision and lead the team responsible how brand portfolio strategy comes to life across Amazon Music. This will include robust brand and and business analysis to answer key business questions and inform marketing, product and go-to-market approaches.
You will bring prior experience leading and developing teams, formulating insight driven brand portfolio strategy, growing brands, expanding audiences, and rationalizing brand portfolios.. You will have experience developing and utilizing key quantitative and qualitative data & insights and measurement tools to build brand portfolio strategy.
You will have particular experience building and growing brands with youth audiences. You will also have experience driving a cohesive approach to brand campaign measurement, across traditional and non-traditional channels, driving clarity to the impact of marketing activity that's sometimes considered challenging to measure quantitatively. This should include scaling measurement approaches across multiple global markets; training various teams to understand how to use various measurement tools and methodologies to drive continuous campaign performance and optimization; building campaign learning agendas; socializing campaign results across various audiences; and utilizing campaign results to drive brand portfolio short and long-term goals.
You will have experience utilizing various inputs to inform approaches to brand marketing investment across different global markets, including but not limited to current brand position, market landscape, growth potential, competitor analysis, and more. This should include a familiarity with global markets outside of the US, and the ability to manage and influence teams across non-US markets. You will frequently author strategy and reporting documents that clearly and persuasively distill complex data points into actionable insights for the Amazon Music team to support international expansion, portfolio and audience growth. The role requires a commitment to goals, proactive examination, and a relentless focus on the customer.
Key job responsibilities
To be successful in the role, the candidate will demonstrate the following behaviors…
• Drive overall brand portfolio strategy and audience growth for Amazon Music, including creation of goals, approach, portfolio planning, strategic portfolio guidance, and overall strategy
• Bring big ideas to the table, and inspire others to deliver bar-raising, best in class ideas and plans, obtaining buy-in and effectively and efficiently implementing ideas at scale through strategic programs and initiatives
• Create and own goals and performance metrics for Brand Portfolio; monitor regularly to understand effectiveness of strategy and campaigns, making recommendations for continuous improvement
• Serve as a key leader who collaborates on the design and management of robust marketplace, and competitive insights plans to answer key business questions and inform marketing and product strategies/go-to-market approaches
• Ability and willingness to lead Amazon Music's approach to campaign measurement and optimization
• Lead definition of Amazon Music's approach to Brand Portfolio investment across various geographies
• Drive a cohesive strategy and GTM for Young Adult audience audience development working across Marketing & Growth, Product, Industry, Measurement and more to ensure strategy and activation plans are integrated
• Lead nascent brand partnerships function, that's focused on engaging Youth audiences
• Build insight & data driven frameworks that informs Brand marketing investment in international teams, and is scalable and repeatable; work across teams to support international expansion and ensure brand strategy programs and insights are representative of different geographies
Responsible for leading a cohesive approach to managing Global Brand team's working relationship with international regions, driving a global to local approach, and ensuring Global Brand team is optimizing relationships and results with International regions
• Perform extensive competitive analysis and benchmarking, and identify and report on market trends
• Author business-driving documents that surface key learnings and provide recommendations for our go-forward brand marketing strategy
• Present to senior leadership regularly to update on key metrics and progress to goals
• Bring big ideas to the table, obtain buy-in and effectively and efficiently implement ideas at scale
• 10+ years of professional non-internship marketing experience
• 5+ years of experience directly managing others
• Experience using Microsoft Excel to manipulate and analyze data
• Experience using data and metrics to measure impact and determine improvements
• Experience driving direction and alignment with cross-functional teams
• Experience directly managing teams
• Experience presenting metrics and progress to goal to senior leadership
• Experience building, executing and scaling cross-functional marketing programs
• Minimum Bachelor's degree in Business, Economics, or a related field of study required
• Excellent strategic analytical experience, distilling data, insights and research from multiple sources into cohesive portfolio and audience strategy
• Excellent marketing campaign measurement and assessment skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• MBA or further business, marketing or analytical education
• Market research, analytically-driven marketing consulting, or analytical marketing background
• Relevant brand strategy marketing experience, preferably with youth-oriented campaigns or brands
• Advanced decision-making skills with proven ability to lead, influence, align and inspire teams, including those who are not direct reports
• Exemplary project management skills, with strong ability to juggle multiple priorities and excel in a lean and demanding work environment
• Operates with significant autonomy
• Highly data-driven possessing strong ability to use insights to frame recommendations and results into concise and actionable reports
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g34554-44-192-65-228-42 in your application.