Office Coordinator, Miami
We are seeking a Global Latin Music Programming Lead to join our team in Miami!
About Amazon Music
Key job responsibilities
• Serve as Amazon Music's Global Latin Music expert.
• Apply extensive music knowledge to create hand-curated experiences specifically for Amazon Music's unique audience.
• Use a deep understanding of Latin music genres, subgenres, and microgenres to inform algorithmic programming
• Use a combination of good judgment and data to identify and execute on opportunities to create new playlists and stations.
• Enact a plan to improve existing programmed content through regular updates.
• Establish goals for increased engagement and, working with your manager, generate a plan to achieve those goals.
• Develop and manage local and global programming strategies for frontline and catalog content, and seasonal campaigns
• Apply knowledge of customer behavior to ensure positive CX across visual and voice
A day in the life
• You are responsible for delivering complex and creative music programming to achieve shared goals where strategy, opportunity, and measurement requirements are not well defined.
• You apply your knowledge of cultural and/or music trends and the industry landscape to lead on programming strategies (e.g., genre)
• You anticipate risks (e.g., strategy or approach not sufficiently understood/documented, ineffective cross-team collaboration, insufficient stakeholder review, etc.); you prevent/remove blockers; and recommend and/or build contingency plans.
• You develop others and mentor in your organization and/or at your location. You provide constructive peer feedback and promotion assessments.
• BS/BA required
• 6+ years in work experience in music programming, music supervision, editorial, or A&R
• Encyclopedic knowledge of all aspects of Latin music
• Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution
• Able to swiftly react to a shifting landscape
• Knowledge of current trends and history in both music and the music industry
• Ability to set aside personal biases to create content for a specific audience without ego
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gk9m2k-44-201-94-72-42 in your application.
Amazon Music reimagines music listening by enabling customers to unlock millions of songs, podcast episodes, and thousands of curated playlists and stations with their voice. Amazon Music provides unlimited access to new releases and classic hits across iOS and Android mobile devices, PC, Mac, Echo, and Alexa-enabled devices including Fire TV and more. With Amazon Music, Prime members have access to ad-free listening of 2 million songs at no additional cost to their membership. Listeners can also enjoy the premium subscription service, Amazon Music Unlimited, which provides access to more than 75 million songs and the latest new releases. Amazon Music Unlimited customers also now have access to the highest-quality listening experience available, with more than 75 million songs available in High Definition (HD), more than 7 million songs in Ultra HD, and a growing catalog of spatial audio. Customers also have free access to an ad-supported selection of top playlists and stations on Amazon Music. All Amazon Music tiers now offer a wide selection of podcasts at no additional cost, and live streaming in partnership with Twitch. Engaging with music and culture has never been more natural, simple, and fun. For more information, visit amazonmusic.com or download the Amazon Music app.